• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Curtis Samuel explains his odd choice to take a knee on late kickoff return

Castavar

48 minutes ago, csx said:

He's been playing football hid while life. Big-time football at OSU 

There's a big step up at every level. Missing the entire offseason only makes that step up harder. I think there's a very good chance he's still in the "please just don't let me fug this up" mindset.

1 hour ago, csx said:

He's been playing football hid while life. Big-time football at OSU 

And I am sure that play has happened to him, what, hundreds of times. As most folks that played sports know. You cannot learn from a play you have never seen. The second time it happened, Curtis knew what to do.

I love that folks can harp on a kid, without having the slightest context. "I am sitting on my couch, and even I knew what to do." 

6 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

And I am sure that play has happened to him, what, hundreds of times. As most folks that played sports know. You cannot learn from a play you have never seen. The second time it happened, Curtis knew what to do.

I love that folks can harp on a kid, without having the slightest context. "I am sitting on my couch, and even I knew what to do." 

I'm not harping on him. I'm saying that to blame the coaches is off base IMO. He made a rookie mistake.

2 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

Except for rookies who know that certain coaches DON'T LIKE to play rookies so they play scared to make a mistake, because if they know they make that mistake they'll probably be watching the games for the rest of the year from the sideline. 

And, because they are playing tentatively because they're afraid to make a mistake, they make mistakes.

Fear overrides common sense every time.

You do realize that EVERY NFL player thinks this way? Right? Screw up, and you may get pulled. Work your butt off, cuz there is a guy behind you, just waiting for you to screw up. I am so glad you pointed that out. Oh wait. You were trying to be condescending towards Rivera. Oopsy on me for not getting that. Oh wait, I did get it. Hurray for me.

You used to talk football. Now, all you do is quote folks, then are dismissive and snide. Not sure what happened to make you so jaded. But, this is the interwebz, so continue on.

Just now, csx said:

I'm not harping on him. I'm saying that to blame the coaches is off base IMO. He made a rookie mistake.

To be perfectly honest. As I was typing that, I was wondering why you were being so mean. Now I know. Sorry about that. Just went back and reread this page. I did screw it up. So, once again. Sorry.

6 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

To be perfectly honest. As I was typing that, I was wondering why you were being so mean. Now I know. Sorry about that. Just went back and reread this page. I did screw it up. So, once again. Sorry.

Yeah....people speculated he may have done the wrong thing and then he said he did the wrong thing. Pretty much that's it. A mistake. Now he will know that get as far as you can and go down will not mean take knee!

29 minutes ago, csx said:

Yeah....people speculated he may have done the wrong thing and then he said he did the wrong thing. Pretty much that's it. A mistake. Now he will know that get as far as you can and go down will not mean take knee!

From the first catch you make with your dad, to the last play you just made. You have to see it, before you can learn it. This was just one of those plays that Curtis had never seen before. (With his ability, I am sure he has never been told to "Throttle it down.") The second time it happened, he did get some yards. He also got down before anyone laid a hit on him. So yeah, the kid learned real quick.

Archived