• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"No one can cover Christian McCaffrey 1 on 1"

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Not really. That was true the first three weeks. Since then they treat him like a typical scat back. He is not getting any extra attention at all. 

That's not true -- in every single pre game interview with Fox this week, the entire Bucs defense said that the priority was to not let McCaffrey beat them or get anything extra. They said this on the broadcast about 5 times. CMC is 1B on team's scouting reports right behind Cam.

Honestly, what I'm seeing here and most of the season with CMC vs. what he showed in camp and preseason, is that he isn't making the fast cuts like he did. I still remember seeing the video when it looked like both Luke and TD would have had him stopped for nothing but then he makes a lightening fast cut and is already running the other way before both of them could even react. That is what I want to see more of and less of the type of dancing he shows in this play. The type in this play is pretty much wasting time not going forward and practically begging to be tackled.

2 minutes ago, ichigo1057 said:

Honestly, what I'm seeing here and most of the season with CMC vs. what he showed in camp and preseason, is that he isn't making the fast cuts like he did. I still remember seeing the video when it looked like both Luke and TD would have had him stopped for nothing but then he makes a lightening fast cut and is already running the other way before both of them could even react. That is what I want to see more of and less of the type of dancing he shows in this play. The type in this play is pretty much wasting time not going forward and pretty much begging to be tackled.

His cuts are the same speed. It's just that CMC looked good in INDIVIDUAL drills because there aren't 10 more guys running to the play. It's easy for a shifty RB like CMC to make Luke and TD look bad in individual drills. I knew to take that with a grain of salt because that drill is set up to always make the RB look good.

1 hour ago, GoobyPls said:

I warned everyone about drafting Mccaffrey, but nobody wanted to listen. Never draft a Stanford RB, complete system players.

He already lost PR duties to Clay, and I’m kind of hesitant about  him playing slot, cause a good nickel corner could lock him up  

1 hour ago, csx said:

That's one thing In not worried about him being able to handle at all.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Lattimore was higher on the board than CMC, but his rumored hamstring issues last minute caused him to drop. 

Look how easily y’all turn on this man lol

Guys wait until Olsen is back CMC production specifically the explosive plays is going to go up significantly.

57 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

Tough day for cmc apologists. Another crappy performance AND trump campaign officials are getting indicted. 

Gonna need to gather their buddies and find a solitary minority to assault just to get that frown off their face. 

They are called fans. The general idea is to be a fan of the players on your team. This isn't politics.

Many of us said it back before the draft, this is why you don't draft a Danny Woodhead/Theo Riddick/Reggie Bush type player with your top 10 pick. Our best hope is he turns into one of the NFL's elite slot receivers because as of his role now, you could get this production from a 3rd/4th rounder. Can't even make the Shula excuse anymore when it comes to him making people miss (although Shula STILL could put him in a better position). He's had some chances this year to make a guy miss one on one in space and has failed to do so. He seriously needs to bulk up because he is getting rag dolled out there every week.

1 minute ago, Castavar said:

It's not that. CMC looked good in INDIVIDUAL drills because there aren't 10 more guys running to the play. It's easy for a shifty RB like CMC to make Luke and TD look bad in individual drills. I knew to take that with a grain of salt because that drill is set up to always make the RB look good.

Well the moment I'm talking about came from an 11 on 11 drill actually though I do see your point about the individual ones.

While CMC certainly hasn't lived up to the massive hype, or to the expected value of a top ten pick, he isn't a "bust". The guy is a legit NFL starter, and you can't say that for many rookies from day one. I'll always give a couple of seasons in before throwing out the "bust" label. I wouldn't be surprised at all if CMC spends all offseason working on breaking tackles and turns it around next year. The kid is 21 years old. But fans gonna fan, so it's not surprising to see people freaking out all over the place.

Archived