• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why is Igo butthurt over CMC?

Wundrbread33

I take a break from the Huddle for a couple weeks, then come back to see CMC getting blasted. One thread cherry-picks a failed CMC juke (still a four yard gain mind you), and then another thread is a passive-aggressive ex-girlfriend-esque post showing a nice play by Samuel, titled "Most impressive play by an offensive rookie this year."

Dude, you were posting all this CMC hype in the offseason, were super high on him, and now he is just "Rex Burkhead"? This guy is literally halfway through his rookie season. I figured the man running Carolina Huddle, est. 2003, would know better than to poo on a player this early in his career. So fickle.

I agree. I think all this hate is a bit much. Its his rookie effing season. Rookie season. Yeah, he needs to pack on some weight, that much is apparent. Put this kid with a competent staff and I think this would be a different conversation. The game hasnt slowed down for him yet, but it will. Jesus.

4 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I take a break from the Huddle for a couple weeks, then come back to see CMC getting blasted. One thread cherry-picks a failed CMC juke (still a four yard gain mind you), and then another thread is a passive-aggressive ex-girlfriend-esque post showing a nice play by Samuel, titled "Most impressive play by an offensive rookie this year."

Dude, you were posting all this CMC hype in the offseason, were super high on him, and now he is just "Rex Burkhead"? This guy is literally halfway through his rookie season. I figured the man running Carolina Huddle, est. 2003, would know better than to poo on a player this early in his career. So fickle.

The Huddle is a form of "the media," and like so much of the media now, its financial success is, to a large degree, determined by click(bait). There's at least a part of the answer to your original question, probably a big part.

Well said OP...

CMC is our leading receiver.  He is constantly open, and not always targeted when he should be.  He plays under one of the worst OC to ever have a job in the NFL, and runs behind one of the most under-performing offensive lines in the league.  It's not like Stewart or Fozzy or CAP are lighting it up running the ball while CMC struggles.  EVERY SINGLE RB ON THIS TEAM IS STRUGGLING TO FIND SPACE...EVERY ONE.  

Let's lay off the kid and give him a break.  He is busting his tail out there and always displays a positive attitude.  We have way more issues on offense than our first round draft pick, who happens to be leading the team in receptions and yards.  

Archived