• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith: "There are routes that those two guys (Benjamin/Funchess) can't run. So if you have the same two guys running the same routes it limits your offense and route tree."

Saca312

I think the solution would have been to have 1 on the field at a time, not both.  That would have meant less reps for either overall.  I guess rather than deal with this problem, they found it easier to do the trade.  

Fun Fun balled out in the NE game. He played like a guy playing for his job. 

I actually thought the KB thing would have happened sooner. I'd seen what I needed to see as far as limited growth.

Smitty knows what it takes. It takes being a professional. Knowing that your job is to be in top physical form for that task. Coaches can only do so much. Learning the route tree is desire and determination. You have to want it. 

55 minutes ago, Snake said:

You will never make me understand why we didn't sign D. Jax. I'm also not getting why we didn't enquire about TY Hilton. 

DeSean Jackson, Terrell Pryor and Alshon Jeffery all would have been cheap options at WR for Gettleman to grab. TY Hilton had a massive contract also.

Everyone remembers when asked about Funchess that Gettleman said :"I was thinking...what do we do if Kelvin goes down?" So that pretty much confirms that he got the same WR. I understand Cam tends to throw and miss high but there are WRs out there that can flat out fly and are tall.

Said it before, I'll say it again. Everyone keeps referencing having two guys the same size on the field at the same time. KB may not have been worth keeping and trading him away for something was better than nothing. The thing I haven't heard a lot of analysts hammering on, and I'm in WA so I don't get the same coverage you guys do, is, this is on the coaches and the OC, IMO. Shula draws up plays that have limited this offense using KB and Funch as our deep threat. If the speed answer is on our roster, then they should have been in from the beginning. This looks like horrible player management skills by our coaches, limited thinking by our OC, and Hurney, well fug, it's Hurney. 

You guys talk about benching a player, but that's not how it works, they did kb a fav instead of benching him and causing his production to fall, and there's no reason to bench funchess, he's earn his role. even subing guys in and out like that still is a hassle because a defense can key in on that. you want to blame someone, blame dg for drafting two skyscraper wr's instead of some guys with speed which is one of our qb's biggest strengths. One of them had to go ultimately 

2 hours ago, Ship said:

Idk Funch has looked better to me this year overall. Generally has played bigger than KB.

steve doesnt have a grudge against KB. He welcomed him after the Baltimore game in 2014.

You mean when the patriots had a safety over the top of Kelvin 90% of the time but had faith that Butler could handle Funchess one on one? Funchess has made progress nonetheless tho 

1 minute ago, CamSupermanNewton said:

Don't agree with smith. Bears had Alshon and B marsh and their offense was high powered. Matter of dact it was top 3 with cutler at the helm. If we had two 6'4 recievers, the point is to throw it up and let them get it...not wait for them to get seperation. 

Brandon Marshall ran a 4.55 and Alshon Jeffery ran a 4.48

KB ran a 4.61 and Funchess ran a 4.70

89 isn't wrong.  What we needed to do was ADD talent though.  Not take it away.   

Carolina keeps going into the season without someone at least of Ginn's caliber and the result is always bad.  Gotta have that dude. 

Archived