• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Moving the Team

PantherNation123

Why do threads keep getting made about this? It's not happening, move on. The threat of LA is gone and even if it wasn't it would be so ridiculously unlikely it would not be worth talking about. The way people keep talking about it I'm starting to think some of you WANT the team to move.

Tin Foil hatman here. We do not know the mindset of the new owner, or their plans. It is foolish to think we do. I love the confidence you all post, as if you have inside information on a buyer or an agreement between Mr. Richardson and Mr. or Mrs. X. No one knows what will happen, period. It will play out all off season long, so stay tuned. This will be a hot topic all spring and summer. Again, no one knows, period. Until then anything is possible.

3 minutes ago, philit99 said:

Tin Foil hatman here. We do not know the mindset of the new owner, or their plans. It is foolish to think we do. I love the confidence you all post, as if you have inside information on a buyer or an agreement between Mr. Richardson and Mr. or Mrs. X. No one knows what will happen, period. It will play out all off season long, so stay tuned. This will be a hot topic all spring and summer. Again, no one knows, period. Until then anything is possible.

Knew you’d be in here sooner or later 

11 minutes ago, philit99 said:

It’s called common sense.  There’s no city in the country or even OUTSIDE of the country without a team that sits in the middle of two states with 15+ million people, American football fans, and within a 2 hour or less flight to 60% of the US population.  And no municipality or even NATION in the world is paying billions to lure the Carolina Panthers from Charlotte.

Common bloody sense mate.

Just now, Nails said:

It’s called common sense.  There’s no city in the country or even OUTSIDE of the country without a team that sits in the middle of two states with 15+ million people, American football fans, and within a 2 hour or less flight to 60% of the US population.  And no municipality or even NATION in the world is paying billions to lure the Carolina Panthers from Charlotte.

Common bloody sense mate.

I agree. It makes sense to keep the team here. I am just concerned that it will come down to the tax payers of Charlotte and or the state of North/South Carolina to keep the team here. If that happens, I have a very bad feeling about it. That's all, guys. Not a soothsayer,  not a visionary, just concerned about the possibilities now that Mr. Richardson's leash to the City has been removed and the involvement of an unknown entity.

Archived