• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Newsflash: Carolina Panthers Are in the Playoffs

chknwing

I have great optimism for this weekend's game. I can give no logical or rational reason to support this optimism, but fan is short for fanatic, which means I don't need a logical nor rational reason to have optimism outside of pure homerism. #GoPanthers #KeepPounding

7 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Nope, can't get excited about the playoffs when the team can't even give 100% to win the division.  When they show they give a fug then I will start to believe again.  Until then my focus is on the new owner.

We lost in Atlanta in 1996, 2003, 2008, and 2015, our best seasons ever, as well.  Losing that game is FAR from the end.

I hate them but it is what it is.  We flush that game now and win 4 VERY winnable games, none of which will be tougher than playing in Atlanta when they themselves were fighting for their playoff lives.

6 minutes ago, trueblade said:

I have great optimism for this weekend's game. I can give no logical or rational reason to support this optimism, but fan is short for fanatic, which means I don't need a logical nor rational reason to have optimism outside of pure homerism. #GoPanthers #KeepPounding

The Saints just lost to the Bucs when they themselves were playing for the division.  This game is so laughably winnable it’s ridiculous for many reasons.  I would be shocked if we don’t win.

15 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I won't be focusing on anything to do with this team until new ownership is in place.  Not going to get excited until that happens.  If they win, great!  But I'm not counting on it.

What if the panthers go to the super bowl.... Will you focus on that?

4 minutes ago, Pantha-kun said:

That we're "trending in the right direction" even though we still have the exact same weaknesses we did years ago on the roster ? 

Yep.

Pretty hard to get excited when we’ve seen this play out multiple times before.

Until this organzation hires someone with a functioning brain and addresses the WR position with actual WR’s and not tweener type players than I’ll be excited 

I stay consistent. We all know this team problems but I doubt it get fixed. I'm going to get too high like yeah we're going to win the SB, but once we lose you point the finger or just disappear(some of you all guilty of this) or get too low saying we're going to get blowed out and we're the worst team and when we lost do the I told you so's

With our passing offense, we're going to have to force the run. 65-35, I would run mostly our backs, cmc/stew/cap with armah leading the way. When we do pass I'm sending them down the field and hopefully get a one on one underneath

Defense like the Vikes game I would send the blitz on first down. Any receiver running a route I'm pressing, unless its 3rd and long I'm dropping 7 back no blitz and no pretend blitz (that bullshit of them coming up the LOS and then drop back is bullshit)

I think if we do that we can win. If not, it's off-season time

15 minutes ago, Asurfaholic said:

You would think our team is 0-16. 

I bet some here would prefer that. The fact we are in the playoffs in such a strong division is really really amazing. NFC is strong and we beat many top teams, including the Pats.

Let me know when they start handing out Lombardi’s for 5th place finishes.

Until then I’ll gladly take the 1st overall pick instead of a 1st round playoff exit.

1st overall pick would help us a hell of a lot more.

2 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

Like I said before, weirdest fuging forum this year. Panther go 11-5  in the toughest division by far in the NFL with the most quality wins in a single season that I have ever seen by this team and everyone is shitting on them.

no one here will be shitting on the Panthers if we beat the Saints. Throw the regular season out man, the real season starts this weekend. We were just pretenders if we get beat 3x by the same team  and we cant even advance past the WC.

Media and fans of other teams, probably wont start to respect us unless consistently unless we win a Super Bowl

12 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Let me know when they start handing out Lombardi’s for 5th place finishes.

Until then I’ll gladly take the 1st overall pick instead of a 1st round playoff exit.

1st overall pick would help us a hell of a lot more.

What? You mean you would have rather sat through a 0 win season then this one? What? 

Archived