• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney on WFNZ

ncfan

6 minutes ago, gmonjimbo said:

He really emphasized speed and athleticism for skill positions on both sides of the ball. Mentioned it at least 3 times. 

Well that’s good to hear now whether or not he can identify the talent that can do is another question... history says him and Gettleman both couldn’t do that.

However if this is what he said it’s at least nice to hear that he sees it.

2 minutes ago, SOJA said:

Disagree on the pressure part. 

We relied on a 37 yo Julius Peppers. Young talent is needed there. 

Other than that what he said sounds pretty good.

Horton and Addison played well, and we still have Hall. Keep using Pep in rotation and bring another body in we'll be fine 

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

We have enough roster holes that I don't think we can remedy the issues in just one offseason. He is correct about the skill positions. We need WR's and CB's. OL, DE and LB all need to be addressed too. That is a lot of holes to plug.

I think it can be done in one offseason. It just has to be maximized. And every hole doesn't have to be filled. No team is perfect 

1 minute ago, Rags said:

Well

They did.

Matt Kalil was obviously the weak link and the LT spot needs to be upgraded but uh

The rest of the line is fine. Just need better depth.

I was definitely referring to Kalil and the depth problem. Kalil is a huge hole that needs to be addressed. Could possibly be looking for a replacement for Ryan Kalil, as well. 

13 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't disagree. But, I hope we're not thinking about standing pat at DE. We need some youth in that unit.

We have Hall, and Obada waiting in the wings. The cupboard is not bare. 

4 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Don’t forget Dasheon Hall coming back from injury 

Don't forget Obada. He got a whole year of work in this year.

We need a Vet that knows the ropes at WR who is still in their prime. No need to draft a guy and go through the growing pains. Don’t have time for that. Plus Samuel and Byrd will be downfield weapons. Funchess is already a young gun.

Gotta get Stews replacement and an athletic cornerstone Safety. 

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

We have enough roster holes that I don't think we can remedy the issues in just one offseason. He is correct about the skill positions. We need WR's and CB's. OL, DE and LB all need to be addressed too. That is a lot of holes to plug.

Yep, given our cap situation, not having a 4th rounder, holes we currently have we can’t realistically fill them all.

Address the WR position and Cam will be able to mask a lot of the other issues no problem 

1 minute ago, uncfan888 said:

I think it can be done in one offseason. It just has to be maximized. And every hole doesn't have to be filled. No team is perfect 

It depends on who decides to retire, IMO. Losing Ryan, TD and Pep(all possible) would definitely make for a tough offseason. 

2 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

We have Hall, and Obada waiting in the wings. The cupboard is not bare. 

Don't forget Obada. He got a whole year of work in this year.

Obada is a long shot at best and who knows what Hall can do. We need another young elite talent IMO.

2 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Yep, given our cap situation, not having a 4th rounder, holes we currently have we can’t realistically fill them all.

Address the WR position and Cam will be able to mask a lot of the other issues no problem 

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Cam is such a weapon that he can mask some holes at random spots

Archived