• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

we can fix our wr core in freeagency without spending big $$

juliosantos

6 hours ago, juliosantos said:

OK so many of you want jarvis landry but in reality he might be one of the highest paid free agents this season . He is very talented and i would love to have him but theres better ways to do this . I feel like the way to win free agency is kind of like the stock market you want to buy low on some one that can potential blow up . We need to find players that are going to be lower priced that have potential and im not talking dumpster diving like gettleman did spending money on players that cant make a team roster but pretty well known names that can fit our scheme and that are going under the radar.  Here we go these are some players we should look at .

.Albert wilson

.john brown

.brice butler

kendell wright 

all of these players can stretch the field for us and add multiple of them or add one with lets say a bigger name like watkins or pryor and draft a wr early in the draft and we are set and finally give cam the weapons he needs for him to exceed his potential.

Why does everyone want to go cheap? Huddle: WE WANT IT RIGHT NOW BUT WE DON'T WANT TO SPEND ANY MONEY AND I'M WILLING TO WATCH THEM PROGRESS BUT WE NEED WEAPONS NOW

5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep, just what we need at WR... more JAGs. We have several guys on the roster that fit the mold of a 4th or 5th WR on the depth chart. What we need are some legit damn WRs. Right now, we have one guy who's proven that he can be counted upon to play a significant role in the WR corps and that's Funchess. Seriously, that's it. Everyone else is just potential and question marks.

Exactly. Now that JR is gone, open the damn checkbook on a proven veteran that can play at a pro bowl level and elevate everyone around this. Seriously John fuging Brown? Landry might just fit well in Norv's offense, but i'm more open to a rejuvenated mike wallace. What's funny is i could have swore i saw somewhere he was 26 on this board. You're full of poo.

We can generate the Capspace to get any WR if Hurney manipulates the roster/contracts well enough. But if he's just content to sit and not really try to free up more money and resign Norwell and Star, we'll have practically nothing to spend in free agency . 

We need to let one of Norwell or Star walk for the free agency's sake . I pick Star. Vernon 

Heres a senario where Hurney makes some hard cuts or cut/resign to cheaper deals , or restructure contracts that leads to freeing up alot of cap space . The main problem with our Cap is its so top heavy with Olsen, Kalil Bros,  TD, KK Short, Luke, Cam, Stewart hell of alot of money tied into top 10 or so players on the roster. Something needs to be done to adjust or cut them or we wont be able to do jack poo in free agency. Obviously you cant mess with Cam, Lukes contract, and TDs in his last year so you have to leave that alone as well. But Olsen and Kalil both injured last season, both getting rather old, and both set to count 10 mil against the cap each (YIKES). 

CUT
Name Position
John Theus OT
Ryan Kalil C
Greg Olsen TE
Jonathan Stewart RB
Kurt Coleman S
Russell Shepard WR
Charles Johnson EDGE
Mike Adams S
Cole Luke CB
Fred Ross WR

SIGNED PLAYERS
Name Position Cap Hit
Ryan Kalil C 3,200,000
Greg Olsen TE 3,200,000
Julius Peppers EDGE 3,200,000
Andrew Norwell G 4,550,000
Marqise Lee WR 5,250,000
TJ Yates QB 2,000,000
Kenny Vaccaro S 4,900,000
Sebastian Janikowski K 4,125,000
Mike Wallace WR 7,000,000

Kendal Wright stretching the field.... hahahaahha. He is Devin Funchess minus 5 inches.

John Brown can't stay on the field for more than 6 games.

If we are throwing poo against the wall to see what sticks, I'd rather have Jaron Brown. Good speed/size combo and has shown some flashes. Doesn't give us a "number 1 receiver"  but potentially gives us a second "number 2 receiver" to pair with Funchess. Easily an upgrade over Shepard.

Star won't be a Panther next year, well shouldn't be. Butler was drafted for this reason. I'm sure we can get someone else to help clog the middle. We need weapons. Norv has stated so. We have some. But if we go in banking on Samuel playing all season and recovering it isn't going to work. We need a true #1, can't just trust Funchess. Secondary and Receiver help are more important right now than DT and LG. 

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

Why does everyone want to go cheap? Huddle: WE WANT IT RIGHT NOW BUT WE DON'T WANT TO SPEND ANY MONEY AND I'M WILLING TO WATCH THEM PROGRESS BUT WE NEED WEAPONS NOW

It just depends on who you get...there is quality at a good price...

47 minutes ago, imminent rogaine said:

Kendal Wright stretching the field.... hahahaahha. He is Devin Funchess minus 5 inches.

John Brown can't stay on the field for more than 6 games.

If we are throwing poo against the wall to see what sticks, I'd rather have Jaron Brown. Good speed/size combo and has shown some flashes. Doesn't give us a "number 1 receiver"  but potentially gives us a second "number 2 receiver" to pair with Funchess. Easily an upgrade over Shepard.

Is 4.42 good speed

20 minutes ago, heel31ok said:

Is 4.42 good speed

It is.  I just think that if he was going to break out, that he would have done it already.  With the exit of the drunk dude  whose name escapes me (Mike somebody,  I think) ,  and the injuries to John Brown,  he's had ample opportunity.  I'm not all that excited by him.  Some receivers have it, and some don't, regardless of good measurables. 

2 hours ago, Hoenheim said:

We can generate the Capspace to get any WR if Hurney manipulates the roster/contracts well enough. But if he's just content to sit and not really try to free up more money and resign Norwell and Star, we'll have practically nothing to spend in free agency . 

We need to let one of Norwell or Star walk for the free agency's sake . I pick Star. Vernon 

Heres a senario where Hurney makes some hard cuts or cut/resign to cheaper deals , or restructure contracts that leads to freeing up alot of cap space . The main problem with our Cap is its so top heavy with Olsen, Kalil Bros,  TD, KK Short, Luke, Cam, Stewart hell of alot of money tied into top 10 or so players on the roster. Something needs to be done to adjust or cut them or we wont be able to do jack poo in free agency. Obviously you cant mess with Cam, Lukes contract, and TDs in his last year so you have to leave that alone as well. But Olsen and Kalil both injured last season, both getting rather old, and both set to count 10 mil against the cap each (YIKES). 

CUT
Name Position
John Theus OT
Ryan Kalil C
Greg Olsen TE
Jonathan Stewart RB
Kurt Coleman S
Russell Shepard WR
Charles Johnson EDGE
Mike Adams S
Cole Luke CB
Fred Ross WR