• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jason La Canfora reporting new GM hire

NJPanthers12

30 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Lake Dawson please!  The man understands leadership and the importance of surrounding yourself with talented people.  

I'd say out of the people interviewed, Dawson is the favorite. That's what I've heard anyway. The idea of Raye has mostly been a Huddle thing. . 

Who knows though. Nothing should be a surprise at this point....including Hurney staying. 

The funny part is that if JR is forced to hire someone other than Hurney, which sounds like he will be by the NFL according to the tweet, it will be a candidate that they thought couldn't possibly compete against Hurney.  They made a mockery of the Rooney rule and it blew up in their face.

Too damn funny.

Can I get a list of guys who are clearly better candidates that we didn’t call? I don’t buy the guys we interviewed as just being throw aways to clear a path for hurney. We interviewed Dawson last time when Reese was guiding the search. That means he thought Dawson was worth talking to 5 years ago. He’s only gotten more experience since then.

Just now, Ship said:

Can I get a list of guys who are clearly better candidates that we didn’t call? I don’t buy the guys we interviewed as just being throw aways to clear a path for hurney. We interviewed Dawson last time when Reese was guiding the search. That means he thought Dawson was worth talking to 5 years ago. He’s only gotten more experience since then.

They have had a genuine interest in Dawson and he would be a good hire. 

Archived