• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

*SPECULATION* Rapoport: Panthers Among Potential Suitors For Trading For 16 Million Dollar Scatback Jarvis Landry

Saca312

9 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

Problem is he's already been tagged at $16M by the Dolphins. That hugely complicates things for them trying to trade him because he and his agent know now that the Dolphins have valued him at $16M for one season. With that, he's not going to accept less than maybe $14Mish/yr on a long term deal because why would he when he's been valued at $16M already...? And no team will trade for him without a long term deal in place first. 

I agree with you if we could get him for $10M/year and a 2nd or 3rd rounder that could be okay but that's just not realistic. And that'd also mean we take McC out of slot duties, where he excelled as a rookie. Which wouldn't make a ton of sense to be honest.

If he is all about the money and doesn't care where he plays then we don't want him. But if he wants to play for us on a long term deal he will sign a cap friendly deal to get out of Miami and stand a chance for the Super Bowl. We need guys  like Adams who came here to play for the chance to compete for a championship. Peppers wants it so bad he is coming back after surgery. We need hungry players who want to win first and want to get paid second. 

5 hours ago, Saca312 said:

@Mr. Scot also has a point, which makes us being possible suitors for Landry even more perplexing.

We have to give up a LOT of draft capital just because he's a franchise tagged player.  Not only that, but we'd be taking up the franchise tag price as well, which wouldn't be wise for our current cap situation. Even via trade, there's no doubt the Dolphin's will be begging for a lot in return for Landry.

Hurney would be an even bigger idiot than I'd have ever thought if this ever comes to fruition.

I doubt that happens my sources say Panthers value the draft picks more than a overpaying a WR.

Plus injury was major factor on WR production and of course Shula.

27 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Of course you couldn't argue that. I couldn't argue a 4 year $17M deal, but that's almost as absurd as 5 years for $50M.

Just think about it for a minute. He's got 1 year $16M already in hand. You think he and his agent will then sign a 4 year $34M extension or $8.5M per year. The $16M is already in the bank now and Landry isn't going to accept a deal that his teammate Kenny Stills got. The franchise tag sets a price for agents, which is why there was a lot of discussion about how the Redskins screwed up by tagging Cousins twice instead of just signing him to $20M per season. Why wouldn't a player take a risk at a huge raise for 1 year and then get a big deal the next year. Either you tag to use for one year or you tag to get a long term deal done before the tagged year. 

I was just throwing a number out there that would be acceptable to me.  I don't think that Landry would accept that,  but,  more importantly,  I don't believe we have any interest whatsoever in Landry. The whole notion from the get-go was absurd as far as I'm concerned. 

We couldn't afford to have him sign for the franchise tag. Until the Panthers start making cuts and letting players walk we haven't got money to toss around on Sammy Watkins, Jarvis Landry, or anyone else on that level. 

They just need to speculate and draw interest to their media outlets. 

The best speculation right now is who can we cut, restructure, or trade. Even if we create cap space, I don't see a free agent making more than 8m avg coming here. 

That Captain Munnerlyn contract makes no sense. 

9 hours ago, TheRed said:

Also, Saca...bro.... what's up with you and Landry? He plays in a different conference even but I would barely know who he was if it weren't for you ranting about him on a weekly basis lol.

I can probably answer this.

It's Wow.

He's the most irritating person to debate with on this site because he's quick to turn to childish insults and acts like his logic is infallible. It gets under your skin. Makes you double and even triple down on your stance. Even me, a person who likes Landry found myself backpedaling on Landry poo just to be contradictory to him.

Now I just don't give a poo lol

1 hour ago, Rags said:

I can probably answer this.

It's Wow.

He's the most irritating person to debate with on this site because he's quick to turn to childish insults and acts like his logic is infallible. It gets under your skin. Makes you double and even triple down on your stance. Even me, a person who likes Landry found myself backpedaling on Landry poo just to be contradictory to him.

Now I just don't give a poo lol

So you're a bitch.. That's what you are saying I guess.. You let some total stranger change your opinion on a subject.. All because they hurt your feelings..Funny-Laughing-Drinking-Man-Gif.gif.2e27e7e93ac44e3a4b513b9b96863b8b.gif

Archived