• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What would be your conversation starter in a lunch with Ron Rivera

PntherPryd

Ron Rivera is coming to Wilmington April 4th to highlight a charity luncheon.  Head table is $5000 so tickets would be $625 each (goes to charity).   Regular tables are $1000 each so $100-$125 each.

Would you write a $625 check to charity to share a table with coach?  What would be your conversation starter?  And let me know if you are seriously interested.  I know I am at least sponsoring one regular table so have 9 tickets to sell.  

I'm tempted to splurge $625 but have to find seven local crazies first and I have to do it quickly.  This could turn into the ILM version of the panther-owner bidding war.....

I'd thank him for two of our most enjoyable seasons in our history in 2013 and 2015, say that I'm glad he's our team's coach, and he seems to be a very respectable man. Then I'd ask him about three things, though he probably would be able to or want to discuss them...

One, the Hardy situation and how that played out (as it would offer a very inciteful look into not only our team operations but also league operations). What was his take and did it change (Hardy played 1 game then was exempt listed)? What was DG's and JR's take? And who made the exempt list none sense happen? And then how did his FA after the year go about--reports were he and several of our leaders wanted him back? Did JR squash it, or DG or was Rivera actually not for it? I think all of it would be extremely interesting to learn about, no matter what one thinks of Hardy.

Two, DG's firing. Does he know what happened? What did JR tell him? What exactly was Rivera's relationship with DG like? 

Three, if he had to pick one, fully his decision, both would be paid the same, only goal is winning, who would he pick to GM, Hurney or DG?

Outside of that I'd probably just talk about random non-football stuff, golf, military, etc. Rivera seems like a guy who could maintain an interesting conversation about a lot of different subjects.

2 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

I'd thank him for two of our most enjoyable seasons in our history in 2013 and 2015, say that I'm glad he's our team's coach, and he seems to be a very respectable man. Then I'd ask him about three things, though he probably would be able to or want to discuss them...

One, the Hardy situation and how that played out (as it would offer a very inciteful look into not only our team operations but also league operations). What was his take and did it change (Hardy played 1 game then was exempt listed)? What was DG's and JR's take? And who made the exempt list none sense happen? And then how did his FA after the year go about--reports were he and several of our leaders wanted him back? Did JR squash it, or DG or was Rivera actually not for it? I think all of it would be extremely interesting to learn about, no matter what one thinks of Hardy.

Two, DG's firing. Does he know what happened? What did JR tell him? What exactly was Rivera's relationship with DG like? 

Three, if he had to pick one, fully his decision, both would be paid the same, only goal is winning, who would he pick to GM, Hurney or DG?

Outside of that I'd probably just talk about random non-football stuff, golf, military, etc. Rivera seems like a guy who could maintain an interesting conversation about a lot of different subjects.

You put way too much effort into a hypothetical post

Archived