• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stewart released "confirmed"

Captain Obvious

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I thought so too, but there was no reason to bluff here. I hope that they had not met about him, but Hurney was asked specifically about Stew--then cuts him the next day.  A bit unusual.

If New England did this we’d be talking about how sly/coy they were. The nfl is a cutthroat business I don’t mind him doing it this way one bit. Just hope he finds capable replacements yanno?

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

Do you expect unbiased opinions on an NFL forum?  Pretty stupid.  I prefer to share opinions with those who have intelligent opinions and are mature enough to understand the enormity of the concept.  And there are those who call people clever, original names like "goober."  I blame home schooling and affordable computers.

Not that it is really pertinent to this topic of discussion, nor do I have any dogs inthis fight myself as I was public schooled all the way,  but since you apparently are a public school teacher ( lol) and want to make a fool of yourself,  I will clue you in.

In 1997, a study of 5,402 homeschool students from 1,657 families was released. It was entitled, "Strengths of Their Own: Home Schoolers Across America." The study demonstrated that homeschoolers, on the average, out-performed their counterparts in the public schools by 30 to 37 percentile points in all subjects. A significant finding when analyzing the data for 8th graders was the evidence that homeschoolers who are homeschooled two or more years score substantially higher than students who have been homeschooled one year or less. The new homeschoolers were scoring on the average in the 59th percentile compared to students homeschooled the last two or more years who scored between 86th and 92nd percentile. i

This was confirmed in another study by Dr. Lawrence Rudner of 20,760 homeschooled students which found the homeschoolers who have homeschooled all their school aged years had the highest academic achievement. This was especially apparent in the higher grades. ii This is a good encouragement to families catch the long-range vision and homeschool through high school.https://hslda.org/docs/nche/000010/200410250.asp

6 minutes ago, UpstatePanther said:

As much as i loved Gettleman, this is a welcome change. I was fine with Gman's cutthroat nature, but i always wished he had at least discussed this with the players he cut before actually releasing them. It aggravated me that he wouldnt look these men in the eye and tell them the team had to move on. Marty, at least, is good at that. 

Marty cried with Jake Delhomme's agent after cutting him--flew to Chicago to meet with him. He cried.  Marty is trying to avoid emotions. 

He did not have to cut Stewart by March 1.   He was already behind.  He should have stayed through the combine, evaluated RB talent, and then returned to cut Stew.  How much time did he lose at the combine, evaluating talent or needs etc. with the staff?

I agree, just questioning his timing and whether or not it was that urgent.

3 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

Not that it is really pertinent to this topic of discussion, nor do I have any dogs inthis fight myself as I was public schooled all the way,  but since you apparently are a public school teacher ( lol) and want to make a fool of yourself,  I will clue you in.

Bet you are a stable genius--which stable?  No, I am a college professor.  Do not need a clue from a dolt.

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Marty cried with Jake Delhomme's agent after cutting him--flew to Chicago to meet with him. He cried.  Marty is trying to avoid emotions. 

He did not have to cut Stewart by March 1.   He was already behind.  He should have stayed through the combine, evaluated RB talent, and then returned to cut Stew.  How much time did he lose at the combine, evaluating talent or needs etc. with the staff?

I agree, just questioning his timing and whether or not it was that urgent.

Or he's just making room for either Norwell or  other FA signings

He is an excellent musician and has talent as a producer etc. He should give his body and legs a rest and invest his  future  towards his music.  He has made enough $$ not to have to beat himself up anymore. Best of luck to him. 

Archived