• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gano signs 4 yr $17 Million w/ $9 Million Guaranteed

SOJA

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

How many times did we actually do that last season? I remember the one shortly after half that really pissed Gano off, but other than that I'm not remembering any obvious situations.

We reportedly tried one 50 yard field goal all season.

I know we were in position to try way more than that.

31 minutes ago, CardiacCat said:

2017: FG 96.7%  .....  #1 in scoring (121 pts)

...in Forrest Gump's words: "that is all I have to say about that..."

That's just a lie. 

Zuerlein was #1 in scoring with 158 points.

I would know, he was one of my highest scorers on my fantasy team, and the only reason Gano made the Pro Bowl is because Zeurlein hurt his back carrying the team. 

And for comparisons sake Gano was 12th. Butker was 5th while missing 3 games.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Which is a lot easier goal to attain when you never go for 50 yarders.

I don't think that's a fair assessment. It wasn't his decision as the Kicker to not kick 50+ yarders. The bottom line is when Gano was asked to do his job, he did it perfectly 96% of the time. Good contract for a good kicker. I remember the awful years of Shayne Graham and Olindo Mare.

2 minutes ago, Car123 said:

Hit the game winner is New England. Butker missed a kick in the playoffs. Chiefs lost by 3 points.

Butler missed a 48 yds, outside, in KC in January. Gano missed a 25 ydr, in a dome, that if he had made, we could have set up a 35 yd FG to win. But he would have probably shanked it too like his regular 3 XP missed a year. 

3 minutes ago, bewonee said:

yes, yes he is.

The best kicker in the NFL has the highest FG%

You want to do career average?  Or possibly makes outside of 50 last season?  Crucial kicks being pulled?  Or just go with one seasons average where his coach rarely put him in harms way?

Gano has been an average kicker his entire career, and just so happened to have a "career" year when we could least afford for him to do so.

Why on Earth do Panthers fans love to overpay their talent?  Why?

1 minute ago, Cracka McNasty said:

That's just a lie. 

Zuerlein was #1 in scoring and it wasn't even a god damn contest.

I would know, he was one of my highest scorers on my fantasy team, and the only reason Gano made the Pro Bowl is because he hurt his back carrying the team. 

What is the "lie"?  his FG percentage?  him being the #1 point scoring player?  the fact that I assigned the quote to Forrest Gump?  Please explain.... on second thought, just don't....

7 minutes ago, Car123 said:

Hit the game winner is New England. Butker missed a kick in the playoffs. Chiefs lost by 3 points.

Missed the game winner in Denver in a 1 point game in 2016

Missed a FG in 3 point game against Tampa at home in 2016

Missed 3 FGs in a 1 point game against Tampa on the road in 2016

Missed an extra point in a 3 point loss to the Saints in 2016

Missed an extra point in a 3 point loss to the Raiders in 2016

5 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Butler missed a 48 yds, outside, in KC in January. Gano missed a 25 ydr, in a dome, that if he had made, we could have set up a 35 yd FG to win. But he would have probably shanked it too like his regular 3 XP missed a year. 

no defense argument here... just curious was there a kicker who went perfect on XP's? Just want to measure how bad Gano was/is.

Archived