• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does anyone else on here not give a F about college football?

Hotsauce

12 hours ago, methodsofmadness said:

I use to be that way.... Until I married a Georgia girl :). Now, I follow the SEC, primarily UGA. Fortunately, she never was a pro person so thankfully she isn't a Falcons fan. She loves cheering for TD, for obvious reasons but hates Cam. 

Surprisingly, when I lived in Brunswick Co, there were several classmates who cheered for the Dawgs.

I married into a hardcore AL family so I was MADE to care, LOL.  Of course my deal with her was she had to ditch the Saints for CAR.  

I didn’t realize what a religion SEC football was until I moved to GA 21 years ago, it is damn near cult like down here.

Where I grew up (Long Island) nobody cared about college football.  Graduated from UNCC, so that didn't help either. My younger sisters went to UNC & USC, so they're into it. I couldn't care less.

As far as high school football goes, my daughter has been in marching band for the past 3 years, so we have to go. But that stuff can be painful to watch.

13 hours ago, Hotsauce said:

So I was fortunate that my college didn’t have a football team. We had a good basketball team. 

I always get the question from diehard CFB guys If my college experience sucked without CFB. It didn’t. 

Now as an adult, I can’t tell you how great it is to have Saturday’s free. So many of my friends have to schedule around their teams CFB games. 

Another perk of not being tied or not caring about CFB is you can watch any game, with any group of fans, and still enjoy it, without worrying about an allegiance.  

I'm the same way exactly. Every word.

I like Oklahoma and I'll catch a game when convenient but I don't feel compelled to watch every game and I am certainly not blowing the middle of my Saturday to watch 19 year-olds play football. I certainly don't give a fug about ACC football. What a joke. I can't beleive the time people around here devote to shitty football

10 hours ago, bull123 said:

You probably like expreso shops

this is a football board

Coffee is disgusting. I follow sports, but don't plan my life around them. There is far too much going on to waste it on having to watch the game. Well ... I guess if you life in a landlocked state in the Midwest sports can be entertainment. I'll give those people a pass.

Going to games on the Plains of Auburn, tailgating with my forever friends, great food, great drinks, great people, (usually) great weather, welcoming rival fans in town to stay and have a bite and/or a drink with us, followed by watching my Tigers play?

Can’t be beat.

Droves of RVs and campers start arriving on campus for Saturday Auburn games on the Wednesday before.  If you haven’t marked out and occupied space by early Friday afternoon, you may as well forget about tailgating on campus, cuz there ain’t none left.  College cheerleaders... dance squads... marching bands... the Iron Bowl (Auburn vs. Bama)... the Deep Souths Oldest Rivalry (Auburn vs. Georgia since 1892)... Tradition... Heisman Legends... 

Attempts at these things at the professional level, though they can be successful, are still imitations of the real thing.

With regard to athletic events, there’s nothing that fills the soul like going back to the alma mater and feeling like you’re back “home” with “family”.

If your own college or college experience didn’t or doesn’t provide that to you, then you have my pity and you have my condolences. 

I like to watch it, my problem with college ball is that for the longest time it’s been more of a popularity contest than a sporting contest. They still need at least a 8 team playoff before I’ll begin to really get behind it.

also wouldn’t hurt if they stopped pretending that CFB wasn’t all about the money.

12 hours ago, PurityControl said:

From about early teens until about mid 20s I use to follow CAL and always watched the Rose Bowl at 25yr I got married and just didn’t have the time anymore like with many other things.

Maybe if I would have went to a regular collage or my wife I would have stuck with it, it would have been kind of cool to have that attachment to a school, but I went to culinary school and she went to UCSC.

Go Banana Slugs!

I do *insert science-y terms*, so I've worked with a lot of UCSC people.  

Archived