• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tyrann Matthieu officially a FA

unicar15

12 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I don't know the validity of this "rumor" but this guy does have 100K followers.

Not saying he is wrong, but is he getting this from players on Twitter? I saw JJ tweet at honey badger and so did Shaq and KK for us. 

4 minutes ago, CarolinaSamurai said:

How does any team? Cuts, restructures, trades, magic. Lots of magic bc idk how some of these broke a$$ teams are signing so many FA. 

I mean there are still team out there with 20 million plus in cap space. They can just flat out sign him to what ever he wants with no hoops to jump through.

18 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

People are throwing around 9+ million per. I am not really sure how we could pull that off.

$9M is what he turned down from the Cards. We’d have to go pretty well north of that in all likelihood. I’d guess around $12M. It really doesn’t make much sense for us, but it would be pretty awesome to have him.

2 minutes ago, Bartin said:

$9M is what he turned down from the Cards. We’d have to go pretty well north of that in all likelihood. I’d guess around $12M. It really doesn’t make much sense for us, but it would be pretty awesome to have him.

That'd probably take a contract more backloaded than Jennifer Lopez's yoga pants.

Of course Panthers are interested. Doesn't mean they can afford him or will try very hard to sign him. More likely someone like Burnett.

However, to afford him... aren't we sitting at like $10M right now before draft picks? Assuming we cut Shepard, and maybe another cap casualty comes along. And we sign this dude plus trade for Crabtree....

That is a win now team. 

Would be adding...

RB- Lose Stewart, need to replace

OL- Lose Norwell, need to replace

DT- Lose Star, need to replace

TE- Luke Willson for Ed Dickson

WR- Torrey Smith, Michael Crabtree for Russell Shepard 

CB- Breeland for Worley (and Corn comes back)

DE- Add Peppers, lose CJ

S- Add Honey, lose Coleman

I would say thats a solid offseason. Find RB, DT, and OL in the draft.

you can easily do a 4 year 41m dollar deal with 12m signing bonus and 20m guaranteed. First two years salary guarantee. 

Look something like this 

Year 1 - 1.5m salary, 3m signing bonus

year 2 - 6.5m salary, 3m signing bonus

year 3 - 10m salary, 3m signing bonus

year 4 - 11m salary, 3m signing bonus

Total salary 29m over 4 years, 12m signing bonus with total contract value of 41m on base level. 

Escalators for pro bowls, all-pro, snap counts meaning value could jump another 10-12m in salary if all are met. 

1 minute ago, carpanfan96 said:

you can easily do a 4 year 41m dollar deal with 12m signing bonus and 20m guaranteed. First two years salary guarantee. 

Look something like this 

Year 1 - 1.5m salary, 3m signing bonus

year 2 - 6.5m salary, 3m signing bonus

year 3 - 10m salary, 3m signing bonus

year 4 - 11m salary, 3m signing bonus

Total salary 29m over 4 years, 12m signing bonus with total contract value of 41m on base level. 

Escalators for pro bowls, all-pro, snap counts meaning value could jump another 10-12m in salary if all are met. 

Can I borrow this?

Archived