• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sherrod Martin DB....remember him?

Hotsauce

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep, he had two interceptions in his first start. We all really thought we had something. We drafted him and Charles Godfrey in back to back seasons. Martin in the 2nd and Godfrey in the 3rd. Those were the last significant investments we made in the safety positions.

Uhh you forgot Hiroshika nakarumono

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep, he had two interceptions in his first start. We all really thought we had something. We drafted him and Charles Godfrey in back to back seasons. Martin in the 2nd and Godfrey in the 3rd. Those were the last significant investments we made in the safety positions.

Martin picked off Kurt Warner twice in that 1st game IIRC. 

Good to see he's doing well in his 2nd career.

Also, I thought I remembered this so I looked it up... Richardson did dog him pretty bad in an interview after the 2011 season when he gave up an inexcusable touchdown over the top  before the end of the 1st half in the season finale against the Saints when Mole Man was trying to pad his stats for the year.

http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/2012/03/free-agent-safety-visiting-panthers.html

Also for shiggles, I noticed a link on this page from before the 2015 season when SI picked us to finish last in the division and clowned us for picking up Oher and Ginn. Once again the national media could be 4 year olds picking favorite team colors and do no worse. SI picked the Eagles to finish last in their division last year, so I really hope they pick us to be down again next year. 

http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/2015/05/carolina-panthers-last-nfc-south-sports-illustrated.html

Archived