• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

some more inside info

juliosantos

Just got back from the gym with my good friend thats a scout . Keep in mind he is a scout and hes speaking from what hes hearing with his group and the final say does come down to hurney which there is a lot of factors that go into making the pick. This info isn't too crazy but i think its worthy to share . Al ot of people think we are going to take a rb early but thats not the case and its more likely we dont draft a running back or we pick one in the later rounds 5th or even past that,  wont be any big names like michel or chubb unless they fall drastically. My friend said rivera is 100% sold on starting cameron artis payne in the jonathan stewart role , so even if there is a drafted rb he will likely sit behind cap . Hurney wants the early round draft picks to be starters and play immediately so its best interest that they dont draft a high rb.

First round pick is either wr or db , most likely cb . They dont believe bradberry is a number one cb so either rounds 1 or 2 most likely is going to be a corner. They believe cb is a bigger need then safety is .Another position we are projecting early is tight end , hurney wants a starter from day 1 in the dickson role . Norv turner has a big say on this draft and he specifically wants a wr and he has a tye , cortland sutton is far down the list and were not interested in him. he told me as of now and he said it changes a lot but our top 3 receivers are kirk , ridley and dj moore . all 3 are first rounders . 

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

The safety thing is starting to piss me off. Stop putting trash into a important position.. Get young talent back there like the rest of our division is doing.  

Look at the safety market right now. A lot of FAs still out there that we can end up getting for pennies on the dollar and plug into the starting role. If they don’t see bradberry as a #1 then I see CB being a lock in the first round as one of Wars, Jackson, Alexander, or Oliver will be available 

10 minutes ago, juliosantos said:

Just got back from the gym with my good friend thats a scout . Keep in mind he is a scout and hes speaking from what hes hearing with his group and the final say does come down to hurney which there is a lot of factors that go into making the pick. This info isn't too crazy but i think its worthy to share . Al ot of people think we are going to take a rb early but thats not the case and its more likely we dont draft a running back or we pick one in the later rounds 5th or even past that,  wont be any big names like michel or chubb unless they fall drastically. My friend said rivera is 100% sold on starting cameron artis payne in the jonathan stewart role , so even if there is a drafted rb he will likely sit behind cap . Hurney wants the early round draft picks to be starters and play immediately so its best interest that they dont draft a high rb.

First round pick is either wr or db , most likely cb . They dont believe bradberry is a number one cb so either rounds 1 or 2 most likely is going to be a corner. They believe cb is a bigger need then safety is .Another position we are projecting early is tight end , hurney wants a starter from day 1 in the dickson role . Norv turner has a big say on this draft and he specifically wants a wr and he has a tye , cortland sutton is far down the list and were not interested in him. he told me as of now and he said it changes a lot but our top 3 receivers are kirk , ridley and dj moore . all 3 are first rounders . 

Thanks for the info. 

5 minutes ago, Adb6368 said:

Look at the safety market right now. A lot of FAs still out there that we can end up getting for pennies on the dollar and plug into the starting role. If they don’t see bradberry as a #1 then I see CB being a lock in the first round as one of Wars, Jackson, Alexander, or Oliver will be available 

I agree do both... Draft one early sign one and draft a Cb .. We can do all these things.. 

6 minutes ago, CarolinaSamurai said:

We have NEVER drafted a S in the first unless you count TD. We've only drafted a S in the second 3 times in our entire history as a team. So yeah I don't expect it to change now.

And that needs to change.. As the rest of the division has figured out .. Getting a young safety can help your defense..

Von Bell help the saints Neal is helping the Falcons. .

Archived