• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eric Reid files collusion grievance against NFL

12 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

A little early, but Eric is a smart guy. He knows what he’s doing.

I hope both he and Kaep come up off a bag from the NFL. 

I disagree. Kaepernick might have a case. Reid does not. There are 2 other safeties at his skill level still on the market in Boston and vacarro. They haven't been signed either. 

The Safety market is just screwy right now, and I'm sure they will sign in mid May once it no longer effects comp picks for next season.

This just isn't a smart move to me.

lol what a dummy.

Now teams actively will stay away to avoid this off the field issue. 

The gulf between teams and market safeties is well documented and was expected to pick up here in about a week, and with only days to go he threw it all away lol

13 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

I disagree. Kaepernick might have a case. Reid does not. There are 2 other safeties at his skill level still on the market in Boston and vacarro. They haven't been signed either. 

The Safety market is just screwy right now, and I'm sure they will sign in mid May once it no longer effects comp picks for next season.

This just isn't a smart move to me.

I agree, it’s a little early. I don’t think he’s going to get picked up, but I would’ve waited a little while longer before going at the NFL. Maybe Reid and his lawyer know something the public doesn’t. 

I hope they win, and at the very least, come unto a large settlement. 

His NFL career has just now officially ended. What a total loser. I was a huge fan of him coming out from LSU. 

If I am correct, SF offered him a lesser contract which he turned down. Cincy even brought him in for a visit. And I’m sure the “kneeling” was a discussion during the visit. NFL is a work place. Come to work and play damn FOOTBALL! Protest all you want outside the work zone. 

Reid and Kaep will be writing a book soon to help pay their debts. 

6 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

Why?

Even in a normal situation why would you give any leverage to any other team?

If I’m going to claim collusion, might want to clear the air about rumors I was offered a contract.

I'm sad now.  I personally disagree with the kneeling thing, but if the NFL continues to allow it then whatever.  I just don't like the excessive coverage of it more than anything.  That said, I desperately wanted us to sign this guy, he's really good.  I mean, I don't care if he stands, kneels, sits, planks, or eats nachos, he could instantly improve our back end which we really need.

2 hours ago, Carolina-Chuck18 said:

His NFL career has just now officially ended. What a total loser. I was a huge fan of him coming out from LSU. 

If I am correct, SF offered him a lesser contract which he turned down. Cincy even brought him in for a visit. And I’m sure the “kneeling” was a discussion during the visit. NFL is a work place. Come to work and play damn FOOTBALL! Protest all you want outside the work zone. 

Reid and Kaep will be writing a book soon to help pay their debts. 

If it's a workplace, how about we keep the national anthem outside the workplace.  Do you stand and sing the anthem at your place of work?  If yes, please tell me what you do. 

Archived