• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Elijah Hood

What do you think about bringing him home and competing with CAP and Fozzy for a spot?   He got cut by the Raiders but never really got a chance.  He left school earlier than he should have coming off injury and bad season bc his fiancée convinced him to (they are no longer together).  His sophomore year at Carolina he put up 1463 yards, 6.7 yards a carry, 17 TD.   I’m a UNC fan but he was either not utilized correctly his junior year or injured/asthma issue.    I think he’s worth a flyer at least as a camp body. 

I imagine we will bring in at least one more RB for camp, seeing that we only have 4 on the roster right now.  Hood might have some good upside.  

edit:  forgot about the UDFA...so we actually have 5.  my bad. 

6 minutes ago, slumdogmillionaire said:

What do you think about bringing him home and competing with CAP and Fozzy for a spot?   He got cut by the Raiders but never really got a chance.  He left school earlier than he should have coming off injury and bad season bc his fiancée convinced him to (they are no longer together).  His sophomore year at Carolina he put up 1463 yards, 6.7 yards a carry, 17 TD.   I’m a UNC fan but he was either not utilized correctly his junior year or injured/asthma issue.    I think he’s worth a flyer at least as a camp body. 

Disclaimer: Tar Heel Alum

I highly endorse this.  I wanted us to draft him badly last year to mentor behind Stewie.  Had he not been snagged at the end of the draft, I think there is a good chance he would have been on our practice squad last year (unless there are red flags I am not aware of).  The dude ran with a purpose.

8 minutes ago, Smithers said:

I imagine we will bring in at least one more RB for camp, seeing that we only have 4 on the roster right now.  Hood might have some good upside.  

CMC / CJ / CAP / Whit / Bonnafon <<<< we have 5 on the roster, I actually like Bonnafon over Whit as the 4th, doubt it happens, but I like it none the less, the running back version of Joe Webb. 

RB is a position that can easily be found in UDFA. I wouldn’t mind having him for depth or practice squad because who knows what kind of injuries could happen. With the addition of CJ Anderson signing him isn’t a priority.

Archived