• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If our offence played our defence tomorrow...

Who would win? 

For the first time since Cam’s rookie year I think our offence might edge it. 

With two crazy talented RBs, explosive WRs and Olsen I don’t think our secondary would match up very well. I’m not even that worried about our Oline, Moton and fit Kalils should be able to hold the left side well enough. 

Worrying or exciting - depends how you look at it. But I do think both units have the potential to be above average which could lead to very good things.

You might be right--and you are from London (spelling)...I think our defense is capable of shutting down the offense's (offence's :tongue:) strengths.  Our LBs are fast, negating Cam's advantage.  Our DBs are question marks, but so is Cam's accuracy. 

Then there is Norv Turner, a solid WR corps, and a creative use of a Fullback and CMC.

Good question.

9 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Likely the defense. New offensive coordinator who's while operating a very similar offense is going to have more nuance changes than the defense. Coupled with this is the fact there a more new integral players on that side.

We have a very new defensive co-ordination too. And if we wanna play coordinator games then you could say that Norv knows Ron’s defence better than most. I reckon on talent alone it’s getting a lot closer.

@MHS831 I’m glad I can bring the queen’s English to the huddle.

I think our offense would be able to muscle our defense up and down the field. If you look at the past few years, it's the teams that can really run the rock that gives us the most trouble, wearing down our lighter/faster defense over 4 quarters. That will open up all the deep passes against our over matched secondary. 

3 hours ago, London Loves Luke said:

We have a very new defensive co-ordination too. And if we wanna play coordinator games then you could say that Norv knows Ron’s defence better than most. I reckon on talent alone it’s getting a lot closer.

@MHS831 I’m glad I can bring the queen’s English to the huddle.

But there is substantial changes to the receivers, a new running back, and a coordinator who will be changing things up emphasizing different things like a true FB. The defense is Rons who has obviously been here.

Norv with Cam vs Ron/Washington. I haven't seen Cam with Norv calling plays yet but I haven't seen Norv with a QB like Cam. I'm expecting some Chud like play calling since Norv was his Obi. Ron's defense is always among the best. Washington takes over the play call in Ron's system. This is a very complex and multi layered question.

All I can say for sure is it'd be fun to watch.

Archived