• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith bullied Cam Newton his rookie season?

NJPanthers12

4 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

What is there to elaborate about?  There are a lot of people around here that thought the team did a disservice to Cam by getting rid of Smith.

According to some (speculation) Smith did a disservice to Cam.  If you are a fan of Cam how are you also a fan of the person who made Cam's life harder?

I just wanted you to elaborate on your implied irony. "Cam apologist" made it sound like you were comparing the two ( Cam and Smith) in the irony.

Anyhow, I think the people you are referencing tend to separate the player on the field from their off field or teammate relationships.

5 minutes ago, Floppin said:

I just wanted you to elaborate on your implied irony. "Cam apologist" made it sound like you were comparing the two ( Cam and Smith) in the irony.

Anyhow, I think the people you are referencing tend to separate the player on the field from their off field or teammate relationships.

But should they separate it?  the off the field stuff can contribute to the winning and losing as much as the on the field stats

4 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

But should they separate it?  the off the field stuff can contribute to the winning and losing as much as the on the field stats

I'm not saying they should but I feel like most fans only care about the performance on the field, the spectacle. All the other stuff falls into the same realm as politics for these people, they don't care or want to even think about it.

17 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

What is there to elaborate about?  There are a lot of people around here that thought the team did a disservice to Cam by getting rid of Smith.

According to some (speculation) Smith did a disservice to Cam.  If you are a fan of Cam how are you also a fan of the person who made Cam's life harder?

Fwiw, I am a fan of the team, and whoever plays for the team.  I can't really grasp being a fan of an individual player, although there are certainly players that I like more than others.

As far as what happened between Cam and Steve Smith, all any of us know is rumour and innuendo.  Its interesting off season fodder, and is probably getting some clicks for the site, but its still just rumour and innuendo.  

53 minutes ago, GRWatcher said:

Here's Bonnell's tweet. Can't find the podcast he's referring to. The one in the reddit thread is from 1/20/2016. It may be part of the Marty & McGee podcasts from 6/16/2018 because Google references Ben Hartsock in them. Don't know if hour 1 or 2. Don't have time to listen so if someone does, have at it. http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=23810585

fwiw I just scanned through both hours, I didn't find any interview with Hartsock but I did find out that the Marty and McGee show is one of the worst things I've ever heard. Imagine all the idiot local radio show gags and multiple it by 35. My ears hurt. I wish Steve Smith would punch me in the head and replace their voices with a numbing ring.

4 hours ago, KillerKat said:

Smith should've lost  all respect among this fan base after his 3rd attack on a teammate, Lucas, years ago. This is just further proof of how big of a douche and diva he is and this place puts him on too high of a pedestal and  he shouldn't be considered one of the best Panthers of all-time when taking into account all of his shenanigans. 

He did, with me! 

Archived