• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Interesting stat on Panthers o-line on Sunday

Saca312

It was obvious Thomas Davis was missing and Luke attempted to play "The Field".  Our defense appeared to lack energy and endurance.  Wish we would recruit "High Performance" players.?  You can't be a NFL player and fear tackling the opponent.  What is on the bench could be better than what was on the field Sunday. Might need to take another look.  Just Sayin

Rating:   :omg:

Man if we can get Williams locked in for a decent price because of his injury our line could be Moton, early draft pick, Larsen, Turner and Williams with Moore, Samuels, Thomas and CMC all building chemistry with Cam. If we keep Norv around our offense is going to be great!

2 hours ago, tarheelpride said:

I do fear that Rivera sees Moton as more of a utility lineman than one deserving of a permanent spot. I hope I'm wrong with this assessment and I know injury makes his versatility more appealing, but it's still unsettling. 

Sometimes players play so well they demand to be on the field. I truly feel Moton has done that. 

Now with that said. Depending on how Clark continues to play. There very well could be some tough decisions to make among those 3.

So stick with me here. Daryl doesn't come back until, at minimum, week 8. That is 6 more games. What if, at that point, this line is playing well? What do we do? I mean, Clark had a really good game yesterday. There is a chance that he improves as the season progresses. There is every reason to believe by week 8, Clark has established himself as our LT?

First world problems? Probably not. But a decision I am glad I don't have to make. And a decision I am so glad we may have to make.

Sexiest game I have ever seen him play. A win, and a few more runs. And it would have been Playmate of the Year quality.

71%, 330 yards, 3 TDs, with 6 drops. And he looked large, and in charge. Mostly. But boyyo, did he ever look like Cam. If he plays like this all year!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it kinda gets lost in the wash, just because we lost. If we had won? Folks would be singing the praises of both Cam, and Norv. Funny what the difference between a win, and a loss, will do to perspective?

23 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Sometimes players play so well they demand to be on the field. I truly feel Moton has done that. 

Now with that said. Depending on how Clark continues to play. There very well could be some tough decisions to make among those 3.

So stick with me here. Daryl doesn't come back until, at minimum, week 8. That is 6 more games. What if, at that point, this line is playing well? What do we do? I mean, Clark had a really good game yesterday. There is a chance that he improves as the season progresses. There is every reason to believe by week 8, Clark has established himself as our LT?

First world problems? Probably not. But a decision I am glad I don't have to make. And a decision I am so glad we may have to make.

You don't mess up a good thing.  If Clark is playing well.  You make a solid offer to Williams and sit him for the rest of the season.   

Continuity on the o-line is critical.  If you have 6 weeks of the same guys playing outstanding football together.  No matter how much better Williams is over Clark you lose that continuity on the line.  I wouldn't do a thing to it.

1 minute ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

You don't mess up a good thing.  If Clark is playing well.  You make a solid offer to Williams and sit him for the rest of the season.   

Continuity on the o-line is critical.  If you have 6 weeks of the same guys playing outstanding football together.  No matter how much better Williams is over Clark you lose that continuity on the line.  I wouldn't do a thing to it.

I myself, would tend to agree with you. And there are probably 2 main trains of thought on this. 1. Continuity. It is a cliche' because it's true. 2. You must play the players that give you the best chance to win. Unless the guy coming back is a 5 time Pro Bowler. Thankfully, we do not have that problem.

Plus, and this is yuge. Tepper is in the Steelers mold. And continuity is at the top of their list. Not saying Tepper has any roster pull. Actually, I am not sure why I even bothered to  bring it up?

Oh, there is a 3rd category. Those Huddlerz who will claim that Rivera, because of his love affair with Vets, will start Williams the moment he is cleared to play. lol

The o-line was merely competent on Sunday . . . and frankly, that's plenty.  I saw many occasions where Cam was able to run through his entire progression from the pocket.  And then . . . he checked it down when nothing was open.  It was a lot like an actual NFL offense.  We should try it more often.

15 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

Daryl was of course injured week one then add 8 = 9 weeks gone so week ten is first likely week back if at all.  Am I wrong?

19 hours ago, Snake said:

Coverage sacks just means your WRs suck. We should have traded Funchess this year and brought in Dez Bryant. Not a great addition but he knows how to run routes and high point balls. Then let Moore get reps with Samuel and Co. 

We’ve had enough slow receivers, Bryant can go somewhere else. Dude is slower than 5:00 traffic

54 minutes ago, Glitchh said:

Daryl was of course injured week one then add 8 = 9 weeks gone so week ten is first likely week back if at all.  Am I wrong?

The context of my post was that if Clark, and Moton continue to perform well. There will be some tough decisions to be made when Daryl is cleared to play. But if you want to focus on my timeline being a tad off. Then no, you are not wrong.

Archived