• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Efe Obada: NFC Defensive Player of the week

CarolinaSunday

If Obada ends up being somewhat of a 1-hit wonder, it still will be an incredible story.

That being said, I truly think he has the drive (and not to discount it, size & athleticism) to actually be an impact player for this team.

I see him being in the same mold as Addison a few years ago.  Maybe not the size to be an every down DE, but a terror on 3rd downs and as a pure pass rusher.

However, given what he has gone through, I'm not going to doubt he can do or be anything he wants.

I am so excited and happy for him, just want to be realistic.  He is a joy to watch

Just now, Jackofalltrades said:

Great equivalency that serves only to detract from someone else’s accomplishments. Good job injecting idiocy into an otherwise benevolent conversation. 

Lighten up dude. I’m very, very happy for Obada. It’s a fantastic story. Very inspiring. They could probably make a movie about what the guy has been through. 

2 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Lighten up dude. I’m very, very happy for Obada. It’s a fantastic story. Very inspiring. They could probably make a movie about what the guy has been through. 

Then stick with that. I agree completely. Why force a jaded and completely irrelevant statement that has zero to do with the subject matter? Why jam politics into it?

6 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Remember Ryan DeLaire?

I do, hence the "I hope he can build on this" part. Heck, let's face it, there have been any number of guys who have had one great game as a DE here and then faded out. DeLaire is one, but you can count four or five in the last five years or so. Heck, even Greg Hardy got more attention than he deserved because of one game against Atlanta where he basically turnstiled Raggedy Andy and snagged five sacks or so. 

I just want to see Obada build on this like Mario did and Charles Johnson before him. He turned in a Peppers-like debut last week, but that is a high water mark that no one else has ever met besides Pep himself.

1 minute ago, Khyber53 said:

I do, hence the "I hope he can build on this" part. Heck, let's face it, there have been any number of guys who have had one great game as a DE here and then faded out. DeLaire is one, but you can count four or five in the last five years or so. Heck, even Greg Hardy got more attention than he deserved because of one game against Atlanta where he basically turnstiled Raggedy Andy and snagged five sacks or so. 

I just want to see Obada build on this like Mario did and Charles Johnson before him. He turned in a Peppers-like debut last week, but that is a high water mark that no one else has ever met besides Pep himself.

Other positions too (mentioned some of the names in another thread).

Delaire didn't really seem to have the motivation if we weren't playing Tampa. Motivation doesn't really seem to be a problem with Obada. He's had to earn every single thing he's got, and he knows that, so it's hard to imagine him just giving up and stopping now.

25 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

Honest analysis needed. Chances this guys develop can turn into a everydown passrusher?

Temper expectations. This guy played a fantastic game, but came into the game in the 3rd quarter. I think he will develop into a wonderful player, he just may not light up the stat sheet each week. I'll take a solid young DE who can apply pressure AND keep contain AND play the run game!

Archived