• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Efe Obada: NFC Defensive Player of the week

CarolinaSunday

Just now, pantherclaw said:

There was a reason I made the thread about him being active, before the game started. I've believed in this kid since we first got him and saw him in his first preseason action. With Mario and Peppers as mentors, he can't go wrong with his ability and motor. 

Efe is a freak of nature for his size! LB speed + DB explosive first step + DT strength + Long Arms = Nigerian Nightmare aka Wakanda aka Obada Bing Obada Boom

TD was my first jersey and Efe is going to be my second one!

19 minutes ago, Sam Mills Fan said:

We are the only fan base in the league with people with this mindset. "Oh, but he might be the next Ryan Delaire". "I'm pumped for him, but let me remind you that he had a worse stat line than a couple of other players". "I hope this isn't an affirmative action fairytale award". I mean come on people. Are we really this cynical? If Obada was doing this for the Cowboys, their fans would be taunting the entire league and would want a statue built in his honor already. 

So true.  There are 3-4 posters here who'll immediately start pissing on any bonfire that warms the place up...But Obada?? If there were ever a player (let alone a Panther) who was an inspirational feel good story as he is -- couldn't even these curmudgeons lighten up, or shut it, for one thread?

16 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Dude gtfo of here. The NFL is known for publicity stunts. Efe had an awesome weekend and I’m pumped for his potential. So don’t put words in my mouth.

with his international heritage and the public knowledge that the NFL wants to go international, this is an extremely smart business move by the league

Im not robbing Efe, but pointing out that I’d prefer this wasn’t a possibility.

You'd have to be ignorant to think the NFL isn’t smarter than you. 

Again, congrats to Efe, pumped for him. Excited he is on our team. NFL are snakes and want more money and I would hate that our players be their cash cow.

Okay then. You're saying he got it because he's from the UK/Nigeria and not because of his play on the field. This is just a publicity stunt. Got it.

3 minutes ago, ecu88 said:

Efe is a freak of nature for his size! LB speed + DB explosive first step + DT strength + Long Arms = Nigerian Nightmare aka Wakanda aka Obada Bing Obada Boom

TD was my first jersey and Efe is going to be my second one!

If there weren't 94 jerseys available before this week, I bet there are soon.  We'll see some in the stands in 11 days.

25 minutes ago, Sam Mills Fan said:

We are the only fan base in the league with people with this mindset. "Oh, but he might be the next Ryan Delaire". "I'm pumped for him, but let me remind you that he had a worse stat line than a couple of other players". "I hope this isn't an affirmative action fairytale award". I mean come on people. Are we really this cynical? If Obada was doing this for the Cowboys, their fans would be taunting the entire league and would want a statue built in his honor already. 

They prefer to be cynical and be wrong, than to go out on a limb, and be proven wrong. 

They dress it by saying they are being realistic, but in truth, they are only guarding themselves from disappointment rather than embracing the good. 

4 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

They prefer to be cynical and be wrong, than to go out on a limb, and be proven wrong. 

They dress it by saying they are being realistic, but in truth, they are only guarding themselves from disappointment rather than embracing the good.  

Embracing the good.  What a novel concept for a discussion board.

5 minutes ago, bigdavis said:

Embracing the good.  What a novel concept for a discussion board.

As someone who has who has been on the other side and understand that all too well, it's a whole lot easier to be cynical. It's easy to be the antagonist, the asshole. 

Never mind that everyone of us have a decision that we make every single morning on how we wish to carry ourselves and interact with others.

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!

He was a game changer.  So happy for him and happy for us that he is a Panther. I BELIEVE that he will just get better. Seems to have the right attitude and work ethic. Props to our coaching staff for recognizing his potential and helping him develop. Panthers were his 3rd team?

(BY the way.. My tablet insisted on caps for believe?would not let me correct...lol)

44 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!

He was a game changer.  So happy for him and happy for us that he is a Panther. I BELIEVE that he will just get better. Seems to have the right attitude and work ethic. Props to our coaching staff for recognizing his potential and helping him develop. Panthers were his 3rd team?

(BY the way.. My tablet insisted on caps for believe?would not let me correct...lol)

My phone insists on capitalizing "beyond" every time I type it. I have to edit it after each instance. Plus I can't write "teams" without it getting corrected to "team's", and that's a pretty common word when you talk a lot about sports.

To paraphrase Mama Boucher, Autocorrect is The Devil.

48 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Woah man, I’m not involved in this rift you have with @4Corners 

I was just clarifying in case it was misperceived. Really wasn’t that big deal of a post, simple read and move, but appears it’s deeper than that.

ill let you two iron it out.

Or maybe him and the ones like him should keep it where it is supposed to be. In the tinderdox. Why try to pull the bs into a thread giving paise to a man that deserves it. Stories like this should be pulling us together. But some get off on being a desease to keep us apart regardless of what side your on. 

28 minutes ago, wud35 said:

Or maybe him and the ones like him should keep it where it is supposed to be. In the tinderdox. Why try to pull the bs into a thread giving paise to a man that deserves it. Stories like this should be pulling us together. But some get off on being a desease to keep us apart regardless of what side your on. 

It's pretty simple.  His motives are to derail every decent thread.  

#1 candidate in my book to be banned.  He can join the ranks of PanthersUnited and others.

Archived