• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Riot Report: All of Tepper's Men

GRWatcher

While people will see signing Reid as representing the new era, the fact that Torrey Smith was even allowed to speak out without recourse from the team reflected a change in one of the core tenants of what it has meant to be a Panthers player.

Without that freedom, who knows if Reid is today a Panther.

Now, Tepper’s men welcome another outspoken individual, who plays a position of need – a need so great that articles were written and missives were made by the team imploring the team to sign him and the team reportedly didn’t even ask him if he planned to continue demonstrating – something that wouldn’t have even been considered even a year ago today.

https://theriotreport.com/david-tepper-panthers-eric-reid/

I am proud to be a Panthers fan. 

I was going to write something similar to that. Beat me to it.

Over the course of their twenty-some year history, the Panthers have exerted a level of control over what gets said to the media that would make Fort Knox envious. That's why when Bill Voth mentioned Eric Reid's concussion history, I took that as a subtle hint that we weren't going to sign him. Likewise, in the not so distant past, Torrey Smith likely would have been taken to task for his public comments.

That's just how the Panthers have always operated. Clearly, things have changed. Rationally speaking, we should have expected that. Maybe now we will.

53 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Think of the victims of the previous tight-lipped regime under JR the dictator.

Bill Rosinski

Darrin Grant

Jason Avant

im sure there are more, just all that came to my feeble mind!

You don't buy that Gantt being reassigned to covering women's underwater volleyball was just a business decision by The Herald? :thinking:

42 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

Pretty sure Reid said he didn’t plan on kneeling this year so maybe that had something to do with the signing. Not sure how Ron and Marty feel about it.

Haha what? "Not sure how Ron and Marty feel about it".... they said he was the top safety they were looking at.  They are beyond thrilled, as they should be

Archived