• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Still had no explanation on the picked up flag

KillaCamNewton

Sure, there were some missed calls, especially blatant holds on our DL where they got yanked back and tackled...  BUT, although that was a really poorly officiated game, most of the poor officiating went in our favor.  Honestly, without the refs, idk that we pull that game out and i say that knowing more often than not, it seems refs have it out for our team.  Not today...  the facemask call on Pep that they let go, the defenseless receiver call on Funchess, and most likely them not reviewing CMC's last run with the clock running before the FG (because it didn't appear he made the line to gain) were all examples that come to mind that turned the game in our favor at pivotal moments.  

But, they also made some bad calls against us - whatever the call was early in the 3rd that kept their drive alive right before Saquan exploded...  in general, Boger's crew is always really bad, but we can't complain about officiating today, as I think more bad calls went in our favor.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

How sad is it that I had so little faith in our D that I was hoping their TD where the ref missed Jackson touching the receiver down was going to end up standing? All I was thinking was give our offense some more clock to work with to try to answer. I had zero faith in the D to hold. I was just afraid they'd give up the score with too little time remaining for us to answer.

Yup, i said this exactly in the game thread.  Knew they were gonna score, so preferred to keep the TD and more time on the clock considering we had already needlessly burned 2 timeouts.

How sad is it that I had so little faith in our D that I was hoping their TD where the ref missed Jackson touching the receiver down was going to end up standing? All I was thinking was give our offense some more clock to work with to try to answer. I had zero faith in the D to hold. I was just afraid they'd give up the score with too little time remaining for us to answer.

hey the D came thru and gave up the TD the next play!

Washington has done a terrible job so far. He needs to blitz more in certain situations but doesn't. I think McD was a happy medium between pressure and coverage. 

1 minute ago, Snake said:

Washington has done a terrible job so far. He needs to blitz more in certain situations but doesn't. I think McD was a happy medium between pressure and coverage. 

We've definitely been missing McD and never fully appreciated him here, just assuming Wilks and now Washington could just step in and ave as much success.

9 minutes ago, Snake said:

Yeah, I think people are seeing now why Wilks was so blitz happy. Our DL just isn't good enough to consistently get it done without bringing additional pressure. We need Mario and Kawann to step it up. Those guys should be the studs of this DL and they've been hard to notice most of the time.

1 hour ago, t96 said:

And Ian Thomas' catch was a catch, that was a bullshit call.

My thoughts exactly. I’m watching the Dallas vs. Houston game and Houston made an interception that look very similar to that play and it was ruled a catch on field and aftert he review. We always get screwed over by the refs on those catches.

1 hour ago, ichigo1057 said:

My thoughts exactly. I’m watching the Dallas vs. Houston game and Houston made an interception that look very similar to that play and it was ruled a catch on field and aftert he review. We always get screwed over by the refs on those catches.

TBH, Boger's crew is always bad for both teams...  we just got the better end of it today.  IIRC, he was the guy Cam almost jacked up against the Raiders a few years back when they cheapshotted Cam super-late and he stood there and watched without calling it, then when Cam got up and angrily confronted him, he threw a flag on Cam, lol.  So yeah, he has always been bad at his job.

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I hear you brother.  It was instinct for me, before I even had time to be pissed we gave up the long, go-ahead score, I was pleading that Jackson missed the tap on the shoulder pad.  As in the TD was no big deal, but allowing them to run the clock to :05 and then punch in the TD, that thought was immediately crushing.

1 hour ago, NorvGeniusTurner said:

I don’t know how you pick up a illegal contact flag.  Was there contact or not and seeing how the red threw a flag???? The refs have left a lot to be desired so far this year

Wasn't that the same supposed call that the refs picked up on the last play of the Pats game in 2013 (on Luke)?  The only difference is I actually saw some contact on that play, from today I have no idea what happened down field.

The decision to let the call stand on the throw to Thomas was about ref agreement not to overrule a call on the field unless there is clear evidence. If it had been ruled a catch on the field it wouldn't have been overruled either. It could have gone either way.. unfortunately it went against us. But it wasn't BS it was how it is going to go this year  based on what they are emphasizing.

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, I think people are seeing now why Wilks was so blitz happy. Our DL just isn't good enough to consistently get it done without bringing additional pressure. We need Mario and Kawann to step it up. Those guys should be the studs of this DL and they've been hard to notice most of the time.

To be completely honest there are about two maybe three defenses in the league that can get consistent pressure with 4 players in the 4-3. I just think McD was a damn good defensive mind after working with Rivera early on. Washington might develop too but he's raw and it shows. 

Archived