• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

okay ron rivera's backup plan if it was 4th and 1 was to have Cam QB sneak the ball

Saca312

I dont just want to win games would like to win the game Superbowl. I think Ron has done abkut all he can do for this team. We need someone else to get them over the hump like tampa bay did. Not that Ron is bad coach.he is decent but thats all. You know sex can be just ok until u get the guy or girl that can give u that ultimate nut someone who can make you just go crazy when it comes. Ron Rivera is the ok sex. Gives u the nut but no fon memories.

39 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

No doubt every defender would throw themselves on Cam and take as much time as they could getting off. I'd doubt we'd have plenty of time on the clock.

Whereas a pass play we can do and throw away to stop the clock rather than worry about that. That's the whole reason why runs under 2 minutes make little sense.

Yep just like the McCaffery run where the guy was just laying on CMC. It’s VERY rare for a ref to throw a flag for delay of game on that too.

Had it been 4th and 1 (to your post below) I think there would’ve been too much confusion to get the kicking team out in time to get off a kick with the clock running as well. 

We’ve seen this type of end game clock management before and this time we got extremely lucky. We didn’t get so lucky in Atlanta in week 2, Ron leaves wayyyyy too much crap up to chance

3 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

5 seconds max!? No... no chance. Cam would’ve been stuck under that pile for longer than 5 seconds.

Also the sneak call would’ve come with the clock running. Look how unorganized Ron looks in this clip. There would’ve for sure been all sorts of confusion had they ruled McCaffery short with the clock still going.

the average time of a play in the NFL is 7 seconds, a quick play can easily take just 5.  An entire game is only 11 minutes of actual play time...

4 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

I was forgetting about the play in between and it makes no difference. 

The McCaffery run took 20 seconds off the clock once he finally got up off the ground and such. The passing play after the spike took 5 seconds... 

On a QB sneak where Cam would’ve actually had to push forward do people honestly think that he would’ve been able to get up and spike the ball in time? 

It wouldn’t have happened.

I doubt it too

2 hours ago, Doc Holiday said:

Or the haters are over playing the truth of what’s going on to fit their narrative. Playoffs 4/5 years and being 3-1 and heading towards that being 5/6 years ain’t easy and coaches that can do that definitely don’t grow on trees.

But hey let’s fire the head coach with the most consistent winning record in the NFCS just cause he’s not Bill Belichick and some fans thought he was going to make a call that he didn’t make(now that’s pretty fuging retarded)

Yes it's weird, it's almost like the other teams we see on TV playing the panthers are paid professionals also.

All these dumbass's crying fire Rivera over a call with mcaffrey securing the 1st down to set up the field goal, and they did not even know we ran an entire play after the 1st down LMAO. 

13 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Regardless, that last minute was a poo show and Chase should have told Rivera (or Rivera should have known) Gano’s range well before that play. The man is out there trying to get extra yards when we didn’t need it.

Actually, Chase told Rivera at the beginning of the drive. NFL films just cut the video like this for the drama. 

13 hours ago, bobsfoodbasics said:

Can't even blame norv this time.

I think this clip also shows why Cam is getting the plays in so late. He's got to wait for Ron to have a say before the play is relayed to him by Scott Turner.

That isn't how it works. Big decisions almost always go through the head coach. We know Rivera isn't normally involved in play calling because you can see him on the sidelines when the offense has the ball. 

13 hours ago, bigpoppa said:

Of course even after clocking the ball on first down, the ball wasn't snapped for the field goal until there was 1 second on the play clock. If setting up for that field goal had taken 1 more second, Gano would have had to kick that from 68.

I kinda wish he did kick it from 68 tbh. That poo still would've went in and Gano would hold the NFL Record. Would've been dope. Assuming he kicks it the exact same way.

2 hours ago, Darvinsun said:

I dont just want to win games would like to win the game Superbowl. I think Ron has done abkut all he can do for this team. We need someone else to get them over the hump like tampa bay did. Not that Ron is bad coach.he is decent but thats all. You know sex can be just ok until u get the guy or girl that can give u that ultimate nut someone who can make you just go crazy when it comes. Ron Rivera is the ok sex. Gives u the nut but no fon memories.

I'm crying laughing at your analogy! :crying:

16 hours ago, Jase said:

Hmmm  those of you saying that there wouldn’t have been time if we sneaked on 4th... you realize we ran an entire passing play after the spike, right? 

Took 18 seconds to spike the ball after the CMC run.(no one was piling on him either)

11 seconds to run a QB sneak and then also spike it to do FG. (while people pile on him)

yea we realize the situation. Rivera though....

The real solution is quite simple and the issue plagues this time far more than others. Stop wasting dumb ass time outs because the play isn't in. Then not even do anything and have to punt anyway, cuz you run up the middle. Some teams just take the 5 yards early in the game/2nd half.

2 hours ago, Fox007 said:

Took 18 seconds to spike the ball after the CMC run.(no one was piling on him either)

11 seconds to run a QB sneak and then also spike it to do FG. (while people pile on him)

yea we realize the situation. Rivera though....

The real solution is quite simple and the issue plagues this time far more than others. Stop wasting dumb ass time outs because the play isn't in. Then not even do anything and have to punt anyway, cuz you run up the middle. Some teams just take the 5 yards early in the game/2nd half.

They actually did lay on CMC, about as much as the refs will typically allow.

Archived