• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone Else Feel Like We Waste Too Much Time Supporting This Team?

bobsfoodbasics

Nah.  I love watching football. It's even better now with all the options you have to watch.  This year I've gotten gamepass and I don't watch any games live.  Except for the very few that are shown here locally.

I think what helps is managing your expectations. Honestly coming into this year I thought our ceiling was getting a wild card spot.  Anything over that will be gravy to me. 

13 hours ago, Lee89 said:

I take Jake Delhomme over this clown we got now atleast Jake was clutch in the 4th quarter and did'n choke like Cam did today also Jake had heart and was a true leader.

Delhomme would have died on the field in his 2nd year if he arrived in 2011, but Cam is still standing and you want to question his heart especially after the head hunting the past couple seasons?

It’s sports. Unless you’re a bandwagon fan you’ll always have more bad days than good because the bad often outweighs the good. I used to let these games fester and piss me off for days. I’m not in a good mood right now but hell, I didn’t miss an open receiver for a winning touchdown. I didn’t fumble twice. I didn’t let receivers get open on third down and I didn’t get pancaked on every passing down. 

I look at it now as, if the Panthers want to turn their season around, they’ll do something about it and make it happen. And if they’re not competent enough to do it, there’s plenty of players and coaches available to replace the ones who can’t get it done. 

It is what it is (lol).   It only really gets to me when A) We have talent to be a great team but B) Is being hampered by terrible coaching.     That is when it starts getting rough to watch.     If you're bad but you have no talent, like Clausen year, etc, then what can you do?   But when you're wasting people like we have with Ron, it wears on you.   

I will say though, after the Denver SB game I took a bit step back.     You really realize the game isn't totally "legit" on who is going to win or lose and all that.   

7 hours ago, Mother Grabber said:

really? then why were you posting in the live game thread?

I was sitting on the beach browsing the forum. You think what you want, I really don’t care.   It’s only a matter of time, most of the homers will grow tired of this $hitty franchise and give up like I did. 

On 10/14/2018 at 3:15 PM, bobsfoodbasics said:

We spend all week posting on this forum. We watch every second of every Panthers game. We read every tweet about the team. We spend money on tickets and jerseys.

And what are we getting out of it? It's not even entertaining watching this team.

Deep down we all know this team is not winning a super bowl. Every week the team comes out looking unprepared. Every week someone on the team lets us down. Even when the Panthers win, they make silly mistakes that should have been corrected in the preseason.

Am I alone in feeling this way? Is it time to take a break from wasting so much time on this team? 

I think the only positive coming from this season is new ownership. Tepper seems like a stand up dude who wants to win. That's all I can think of.

The fact you (and apparently so many others) waste THAT much time reading and POSTING says far more about you than it does about the team.  Its a friggin GAME...but some of you people literally need to seek help about the constant huddle reading/twitter waiting to be the first to read and repost a tweet/posting...etc etc. Its just not healthy bro if you are doing ALL of that so much you want to abandon the team. 

I agree. Most of us REAL fans arent following the team because we expect to win. I follow because I was born/rained in the Carolinas! If you follow the team simply because you like Cam or Luke...or the color scheme, or just like Sweet Caroline,  then please take a break!

3 hours ago, ickmule said:

I was sitting on the beach browsing the forum. You think what you want, I really don’t care.   It’s only a matter of time, most of the homers will grow tired of this $hitty franchise and give up like I did. 

you spend a lot of time watching and talking about a team you claim not to care about. if i was a on a beach, i sure as hell wouldn’t be on a forum whining.

To be honest with you, I likely spend too much time on the NFL as a whole.

Between never missing Panthers games, fantasy football, and watching at least three games on Sunday and 1 on Monday, that's just far too much time spent.

Will likely be taking a back seat to fishing and boating at this point though.  Tired of being angry after spending time on a "hobby".

4 hours ago, KillerKat said:

Delhomme would have died on the field in his 2nd year if he arrived in 2011, but Cam is still standing and you want to question his heart especially after the head hunting the past couple seasons?

for real give cam the offense Delhomme had when we went to the super bowl. Especially the Oline. Not to mention a great receiving corps including a young Steve Smith

Archived