• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just two of Curtis Samuel’s 3 snaps...

Saca312

Not going to say much. Just post.

Here’s a Samuel snap. Look at the secondary treating him like a deep threat.

Here’s another. O-line holds up Samuel’s open on that for a good chunk.

Yet he only had three snaps total because “matchup/gameplan/Rivera.” 

Here’s more film from the game here. FWIW not my account.

I think that something disciplinary had to be in play here. Late for a team meeting, not wearing a tie, etc., and Ron just doesn’t want the media to make a huge deal out of it.

i will say though, that sort of think reeks of Butch Jones. I’m surprised Ron didn’t say Samuel had some sort of “lower extremity” injury.

You guys really think Rivera is figuring out the offense substitution patterns on the fly?

My guess is that if Rivera thinks Samuel needs more PT, he will talk to Norv behind closed doors and let him know about it.  He's not going to rip into him during the game or publicly or through a press conference.

Everyone likes to pile on Rivera, but he is a delegator, not a micro-manager.  If you guys have ever had a boss, you will know the difference and prefer the former.

2 minutes ago, grimesgoat said:

You guys really think Rivera is figuring out the offense substitution patterns on the fly?

My guess is that if Rivera thinks Samuel needs more PT, he will talk to Norv behind closed doors and let him know about it.  He's not going to rip into him during the game or publicly or through a press conference.

Everyone likes to pile on Rivera, but he is a delegator, not a micro-manager.  If you guys have ever had a boss, you will know the difference and prefer the former.

I definitely think it's Norv and the WR coach and they only have Samuel in on certain formations due to his conditioning and missing 4 weeks. Norv just never called those formations because his come from behind plays/formations were different. That's why Ron said scheme/game situation were the reasons. That stuff is all figured out during the week. Not in the middle of a game.

14 minutes ago, grimesgoat said:

But he watches film and there are  now five games of it in his hard drive.  He is also wearing a headset, and he monitors the conversations during the game--as well as sits in on the offensive meetings during the week.  At some point, he needs to state the obvious.  Micromanagement is necessary whenmanagement finds a problem that the subordinates do  not see.  

Curtis Samuel is definitely a deep threat, but I think you're selling him short if you think about him as just a deep threat. 

He's also one of those guys who can take a shorter pass and run a long way with it. If you question that, just go back a few weeks to the play where he was channeling DeShaun Foster.

I have a really hard time seeing "situation and scheme" keeping a guy like that off the field.

11 minutes ago, TheRed said:

So specifically what kind of "scheme" or "situation" leads to arguably our most electric playmaker spending the game riding the bench?

Especially a game we spent nearly 4 full quarters trying to get back into?

Speaking as somebody who has studied situational football, as well as someone who remembers what kind of situation we were in during that game...

I have no idea.

Archived