• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

D.J. Moore was electric, but

Rags

4 minutes ago, tondi said:

And you can't overstate the impact our oline keeping Cam upright all day has on our passing game. 

God this.

We let up no sacks.

When the fug has this ever happened.

We have a full 4 quarters against a good team. This team caused our biggest rivals to struggle at home last week. We're a legit team and I'm so excited for this team.

34 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

What about Smith's first four games when he had 6 catches on 17 targets for 67 yards as a starting WR?

I honestly think part of Smith's resurgence the previous two weeks was because teams had pretty much written him off. They were basically treating us as having 10 men on the field on offense.

Even his late-game surge against Philly was dangerously close to further cementing him as a popular punching bag among fans... Torrey almost dropped the jump-throw on 4th down...  he tried to trap it against his body initially, it started sliding down, and he trapped it just in time, but it was almost a play that never happened.

And you're right...  they basically gave us anything to Torrey bc no defense fears or respects him.  He's just a guy out there, and DJ proved he deserves his snaps today.

Also to OP, in all honesty, I didn't even see DJ out there for many snaps in the 2nd half.  Don't think it was so much Ravens' adjustments as it was less opportunities.  In the first half, many of those touches were clearly scripted and getting DJ involved early was obviously a priority.  I even think many of the catches he made were designed with DJ as the primary read.

None of our players had a dominating statistical game. The passes were pretty evenly spread out and so were the rushes . 

So no its not good for stats but probably the best for team success and scoring a lot of points because defenses don't know who exactly is getting the ball. 

We were just going with what was working. They were probably covering DJ in the 2nd half and Cam threw to the open man. 

We only threw it like 10-11 times the second half and Norv was attacking the LBers with the TEs.  Surprised he waited that long to pull out that plan of attack but he could so I guess he did.  This was more about the lack of opportunities than Moore being “omgz shut’d outzzz!!”  Some of y’all need to watch the game instead of just looking at it and reacting after it’s over.  

1 hour ago, uncfan888 said:

We scored 36 points against the best defense in the league. Moore was one of many beasts for us. 

Yeah. I'm not concerned with one player being shut down if there's another capable of stepping up.

Shutting out the whole offense is an issue. One player? Not so much.

Archived