• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

if rivera isnt fired

juliosantos

42 minutes ago, Panic said:

I like the idea of Rivera calling the plays next year.

Defensive plays.  Heck, all you really have to do is get the right personnel on the field--Luke can do the rest.  Maybe you could call the stunts, but when Luke (recently) called off his blitz and sent TD just before the snap, then he deflected the pass, I was in awe.  Who does that?

56 minutes ago, YungHamm said:

Payton barely scored last game... We "miss opportunities" like always.  Fumbles, INTS, missed tackles.  That's bad discipline nothing Sean did tho

One game doesn't make up for how they have dragged us up and down the field last handful of games. Plus its not just brees as he has always gave us problems, saints have a talented roster now on both sides of the ball.

2 hours ago, juliosantos said:

we will get a solid dc from one of the coaches that got fired like wilkes , then we go 12-4 and lose in the playoffs , then the next season we go 7-9 , its an endless cycle . this organization sucks , break the cycle and get an aggressive new era coach 

Wasn't he already fired? Means he should have left the building already.

2 hours ago, juliosantos said:

we will get a solid dc from one of the coaches that got fired like wilkes , then we go 12-4 and lose in the playoffs , then the next season we go 7-9 , its an endless cycle . this organization sucks , break the cycle and get an aggressive new era coach 

MuH sOuRcE tHo

MHS's accurate and trustworthy albeit inside sourceless analysis of the defense:

1. SECONDARY:  The Reid flirting could be huge.  If he signs and Gaulden is ready for FS, the only need in our secondary is a nickel (and depth).  This board has been hard on Bradberry, but Wilkes blitzing and an anemic pass rush has made their jobs difficult.  Sign Reid and find a nickel. (For those of you who say Gaulden is garbage--he was drafted as developmental.  Not that Reid has played FS in our system, he would have a mentor on the field.  Gaulden will be good in 2019--he is a very good, instinctive player).

2.  LINEBACKERS:  I think it is a mistake to assume that Davis won't be back and Thompson will.  I think the opposite.  Thompson has not played up to the level of his tag--unless we feel that we have few options,  I think Davis returns on a friendly deal and we play Carter out there---or we sign an OLB.  I  think Mayo, Norris, and Jacobs will be gone (but I have said that about Jacobs every year for the past 4 seasons--RR likes him).

3. DEFENSIVE ENDS:  Our biggest need by far.  The two we have returning (Addison, Haynes) are questionable for different reasons. Haynes' fit and Addison''s age. I am not going to rely on a 39-year old Peppers--he needs to step down.    We will have some cap room, so do not be surprised if we do not try to find a DE in free agency and draft one in the first round.  Gary or Farrell could fall to us, depending where we pick. 

4.  DEFENSIVE TACKLE:  The only difference between this season and last year is Poe.  They were not as good this year.  Love was our best DT, and the reason could have been when he was playing, Poe was not.   Love will be 33, KK 30.  There are some impressive DTs early in  this draft.  We need to look for a DT in free agency and the draft. Butler is probably gone.

Basically, considering cap limitations and we will only have 2-3 draft picks ready to contribute, expect the D to be the focus of free agency and the draft.  However, solidifying the secondary before the draft is huge.  Signing Reid is the first step.

NEEDS:

Draft:  DE and DT early-- CB and S depth late

Free Agency:  DE, Nickel, maybe DT and OLB

1 hour ago, YungHamm said:

Payton barely scored last game... We "miss opportunities" like always.  Fumbles, INTS, missed tackles.  That's bad discipline nothing Sean did tho

He has won at least 5 times in a row. That’s a sign he has you figured out. The last time I can remember beating them they had McCown in and he almost made a comeback....

6 hours ago, MHS831 said:

MHS's accurate and trustworthy albeit inside sourceless analysis of the defense:

1. SECONDARY:  The Reid flirting could be huge.  If he signs and Gaulden is ready for FS, the only need in our secondary is a nickel (and depth).  This board has been hard on Bradberry, but Wilkes blitzing and an anemic pass rush has made their jobs difficult.  Sign Reid and find a nickel. (For those of you who say Gaulden is garbage--he was drafted as developmental.  Not that Reid has played FS in our system, he would have a mentor on the field.  Gaulden will be good in 2019--he is a very good, instinctive player).

2.  LINEBACKERS:  I think it is a mistake to assume that Davis won't be back and Thompson will.  I think the opposite.  Thompson has not played up to the level of his tag--unless we feel that we have few options,  I think Davis returns on a friendly deal and we play Carter out there---or we sign an OLB.  I  think Mayo, Norris, and Jacobs will be gone (but I have said that about Jacobs every year for the past 4 seasons--RR likes him).

3. DEFENSIVE ENDS:  Our biggest need by far.  The two we have returning (Addison, Haynes) are questionable for different reasons. Haynes' fit and Addison''s age. I am not going to rely on a 39-year old Peppers--he needs to step down.    We will have some cap room, so do not be surprised if we do not try to find a DE in free agency and draft one in the first round.  Gary or Farrell could fall to us, depending where we pick. 

4.  DEFENSIVE TACKLE:  The only difference between this season and last year is Poe.  They were not as good this year.  Love was our best DT, and the reason could have been when he was playing, Poe was not.   Love will be 33, KK 30.  There are some impressive DTs early in  this draft.  We need to look for a DT in free agency and the draft. Butler is probably gone.

Basically, considering cap limitations and we will only have 2-3 draft picks ready to contribute, expect the D to be the focus of free agency and the draft.  However, solidifying the secondary before the draft is huge.  Signing Reid is the first step.

NEEDS:

Draft:  DE and DT early-- CB and S depth late

Free Agency:  DE, Nickel, maybe DT and OLB

I hate to tell you this, but my inside source said you were fired after the Seattle game and just playing out the string, hoping to get picked up by another message board. 100% certain.  But, IF you are not fired, nice analysis.

10 hours ago, juliosantos said:

Rivera shouldn't be fired and neither should Norv. Rivera should make a plan to call plays next season. This issue of the cycle isn't just Rivera and it isn't just the Panthers. 

lol dude not only did you claim to have an inside source saying rivera was already gone, but you said he was gone like 6 games ago when playoffs were sill a possibility...now this thread

i have no other choice than to believe you smoke crack

1 minute ago, Lumps said:

lol dude not only did you claim to have an inside source saying rivera was already gone, but you said he was gone like 6 games ago when playoffs were sill a possibility...now this thread

i have no other choice than to believe you smoke crack

I'm speaking on my source , my source told me he has been fired 

Archived