• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cutting ties with Thomas Davis will have more negative effects on the Panthers than cutting ties with Steve Smith

Hotsauce

The thing is that he still so much better than Shaq Thompson. If you watch Shaq’s on film those 4 first games it was mistake after mistake after mistake, he’s a low IQ linebacker that would rather make a big hit than tackle correctly. He constantly messing up assingnments, running in the wrong lanes and for a guy who was a hybyrd safety in college he can’t cover squat.

I won’t be surprised if our run D regresses a ton next season.

it appears to me the panthers handled this pretty well.  They told him as soon as they made their decision and let him decide when and how to make it public.  

Whats the problem with that?  

Keeping him in limbo for another month + or alluding to it during a presser at the combine would be much worse.  

19 minutes ago, cookinwithgas said:

Could be this is a message about culture change. I hope it isn't because TD doesn't deserve that.

It's called a rebuild but unfortunately we are rebuilding with prob the worst duo we have had in Panthers history.

Hate to see him go, but I can understand it. Honestly, I don't see how any of the big name DE prospects in the draft make it to our pick, so if Devin White somehow slips to us I would be ecstatic if we could grab him. His sideline to sideline athletic ability would help replicate a younger TD and make us forget about Shaq if need be. 

TD is the consummate Panther. He gave us many great years and was well compensated for it. Sometimes guys just dont know when its over and it's tough, but we are an old, noncompetitive team. We have started a rebuild that if done right makes us truly competitive in a couple of years. It was just time. 

1 hour ago, GoobyPls said:

The thing is that he still so much better than Shaq Thompson. If you watch Shaq’s on film those 4 first games it was mistake after mistake after mistake, he’s a low IQ linebacker that would rather make a big hit than tackle correctly. He constantly messing up assingnments, running in the wrong lanes and for a guy who was a hybyrd safety in college he can’t cover squat.

I won’t be surprised if our run D regresses a ton next season.

^^This.

Everyone calling TD washed, must not have seen Shaq the supposed air apparent play.  Plus gonna have to pay him 9 + mill?   It's crazy.   

Very well possible over the summer TD falls off the cliff, I just didn't see it.  TD at 80% better than 95% of the other linebackers in the league.   Oh well sometimes it's better to make a year to early instead of year to late, but the people acting like he was a liability on the field are stupid clowns. 

5 hours ago, OneBadCat said:

TD could still play and we could have brought him back cheap. Now we have another hole we know that Shaq can't fill his shoes. 

David Mayo is more than capable of playing that position.  He is also a FA.  I wouldn’t be shocked if the Panthers know that Mayo is the LB of the future and would be unlikely to resign here with Davis still on the roster, as he would want a starting gig somewhere. 

6 hours ago, DamnItJake! said:

I love TD like the rest of u..but are I are all Bi-polar!! keep him .. cutem!! personally I say keep his ass one mor year.. rotate him in and have him train our younger guys.. Keep Pounding, Davis! 

Maybe he will become assistant DC....

tumblr_op5sb2ayJN1qmob6ro1_400.gif

Archived