• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What team would you become a fan of if the Panthers don't do what you think they should do?

Jangler

Before the Panthers I was a Bears fan.  If the Panthers ever left, I don't know if I could switch back.  The AAF would probably immediately move a team in here immediately so I'd just root for them.  There are a few teams that I don't hate that if the Panthers left I might be a casual observer of.  Probably the Jags cause they're only 3.5 hours or so from Charleston...so closest chance to see some games.

But I'd never switch allegiances while the Panthers are in the Carolinas.  They could play in Raleigh, or Rock Hill....wouldn't matter to me....even though I'd be disappointed with the Raleigh move...just because it's a pain in the ass to drive there.

I'll always be a fan of the Panthers, just probably tone it down a bit.

Once fan apathy sets in, and it very well could in Carolina, it's going to be tough to turn it around.  It's an aircraft carrier, not a ski boat.  Unlike Cleveland and Buffalo, there is a lot more to do here than just go sit in a stadium.  We have better weather, prettier areas within decent driving distance.  There is a lot going for NC, and for SC for that matter.  The Panthers aren't the only game in town, especially when you throw in college football and basketball.

My fandom took a hit when Marty was brought back in...knowing that interim tag was BS.  Took a bit more of a ding when all the weird poo with JR came out, and now with Cam hurt, Ron and Hurney at the bridge, and at a fairly big crossroads with the players....I'll just have to wait it out and see.

I watch football all the time, and follow the NFL as a whole, not just the Panthers...that will likely continue no matter what.

To add, if Tepper doesn't shake things up soon, I think this is a very good possibility.

Unless a football team comes to Raleigh, which we all know ain't happening, there is nothing nothing NOTHING that will ever compel me to switch my primary allegiance to the Panthers. The only other thing---maybe---is if my son (who has other interests), grandson, or nephew or something played for another team, but that would still be only a temporary, transient exercise.

The Panthers are it!

I'd divorce a woman before divorcing the Panthers.

43 minutes ago, raz said:

the browns.  they got coach kitchens.  i mean, that dude will throw the sink at you.

...grew up going to the Browns games...they'll always be number one in my heart (number 32 in your program guide)...jumped on the Panthers bandwagon when they were awarded a team since I lived in CLT...never missed a game... i'll always be a panther fan no matter what....too much history now with this team.

2 hours ago, hepcat said:

My #2 team is the Texans. AFC team, geographically the closest team to where I live now, newest team in the NFL like the Panthers were when I first became a fan. They’re kinda like the Panthers of the AFC.

If I had to I'd pick the Texans as well. Moved to Arlington two almost three years ago and no way in hell I'll ever cheer for the cowboys. So Texans if I must pick. lol

Archived