• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper wants a roof on BOA.

jbland

Honestly I hope it is retractable and we keep playing on grass. But if the choice is build a dome near Fort Mill and lose my PSLs or put a roof on the stadium, I am all for the roof. And I think most of the 72,000 other PSL owners would agree. Especially if these are your only choices.

5 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Honestly I hope it is retractable and we keep playing on grass. But if the choice is build a dome near Fort Mill and lose my PSLs or put a roof on the stadium, I am all for the roof. And I think most of the 72,000 other PSL owners would agree. Especially if these are your only choices.

Exactly 

Next: "Well, now that I know what a roof will cost, I'll just throw in several hundred mil more and build a whole new stadium, roof and all, in South Carolina. "

Think about it- a roof is a 2-year build, which is just as long as a stadium takes these days. Where the Panthers gonna play in the meantime? Clemson, again? Throw in that added cost and it might make more financial sense to build new... especially if SC throws in a ton of tax incentives...

59 minutes ago, trueblue said:

If you are the owner of a stadium who wants 365 days of potential use, not just 11 football games and the occasional soccer match, how is this “retarded” and/or “unnecessary”? 

This is is not a football only decision. 

Plus a roof is needed for a potential Super Bowl. Charlotte is not quite warm enough in early Feb

1 minute ago, Anybodyhome said:

Next: "Well, now that I know what a roof will cost, I'll just throw in several hundred mil more and build a whole new stadium, roof and all, in South Carolina. "

Think about it- a roof is a 2-year build, which is just as long as a stadium takes these days. Where the Panthers gonna play in the meantime? Clemson, again? Throw in that added cost and it might make more financial sense to build new... especially if SC throws in a ton of tax incentives...

and all that could be an excuse just to get Charlotte to throw in more tax dollars

I dont care what they do at the stadium in the offseason but I would prefer they not screw up the grass during the season. Soccor games and college games that mess up the grass can screw off. Music concerts that trash the grass can also fug off. Not at all excited about fake turf. I like the weather elements to our games.

1 hour ago, Palmetto said:

If he's paying for it with his own money.

yea he can do whatever he wants

but citizens shouldn't have to pay for new stadiums or upgrades

I’m ok with the city using a small amount to help with stuff like this, but the owner and team should foot most the bill. You see it a lot with pro sports owners who are more than likely very republican and fiscally conservatives unless their 2 billion dollar sports team needs some corporate welfare to build escalators.  

Archived