• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Around the league FA moves

ncfan

20 minutes ago, Shocker said:

There are safeties everywhere and Hurney is doing nothing.  Please fire his arse now!

Oh he already did something. Instead of waiting to see what the market was like he went out and set the market on possibly overpaying a safety.  Yeah I know the 10 mil guaranteed.  But since we just paid Smith 5 mil to be a number 4 we who on here actually thinks that Reid is only gonna cost us 10 mil.  Reid’s  “veteran leadership” is gonna cost us 22 mil over 3 years. When we have holes everywhere.  There are about 13 safeties looking for a job right now.  And half of them will play for league minimum next year. 

I have given Hurney and RR slack over the last year or so.  But this makes no sense to me anymore. 

1 hour ago, black-panthers said:

Tyrann Mathieu a top 5 safety in the league played last year for the same price we are paying Reid right now. And Reid ranked almost dead last per Pff

Mathieu just got off a cheap 1 year "prove it" deal, where he went out of his way to turn down more lucrative contracts.  He is going to get a deal that will far eclipse Reid.  I expect a multi year deal that he will easily get over 11m/year.

Tyrann Mathieu a top 5 safety in the league played last year for the same price we are paying Reid right now. And Reid ranked almost dead last per Pff

Can we not wait for a few days to flip out on Hurney for the Reid contract? The cap is the highest ever and the safety market was down last year obviously because of Reid and his collusion case. This year contracts will be much higher. Wait and see what Mathieu gets officially Wednesday. 

3 hours ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

Mathieu just got off a cheap 1 year "prove it" deal, where he went out of his way to turn down more lucrative contracts.  He is going to get a deal that will far eclipse Reid.  I expect a multi year deal that he will easily get over 11m/year.

Lol keep dreaming he will more than likely get about what Reid did.

Reid couldve gotten a lot more last year if he wanted to but the market for safety has declined. Teams value nickel corners more these days. Thats why there are a dozen starting safeties available in FA. Reid shouldve never gotten what he got. 

And the same reason we will never win with Hurney and Rivera. Tepper has proven to be just as complacent as JR was with winning.

1 minute ago, black-panthers said:

Last time I checked, Reid aint no where close to Collins

Chris Banjo only plays special teams and last time I checked ain’t no where close to Eric Weddle but he’s making only 2 million less per season now. Collins and Mathieu will be PAID.

5E8F5EBF-231D-4541-9672-AB6DA4F5E883.png

18 minutes ago, black-panthers said:

Last time I checked, Reid aint no where close to Collins

And that is why Collins will very well make more than him in the end. No reason to complain about hypotheticals. 

Reid's contract will prove to be pretty much dead on where it should be. 

On 3/8/2019 at 12:00 PM, Untouchable said:

Apparently he is being used as a bargaining chip.  This was before the Vernon trade.

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/1857/kevin-zeitler

NFL Network's Aditi Kinkhabwala reports the Browns offered RG Kevin Zeitler, DE Emmanuel Ogbah, and one other player to the Giants for Odell Beckham.

The Giants obviously didn't accept the offer and allegedly "laughed at" it. It's going to take a whole heck of a lot more than that to acquire one of the three best receivers in the sport who is firmly in his prime. The Giants have reportedly not completely ignored phone calls for OBJ and would be willing to move him for the right price. Odds are a package would have to include multiple high picks, possibly a pair of first-rounders. Zeitler is an elite guard but is rumored to be on the trade block in Cleveland. Ogbah is a good-not-great edge presence. This offer really isn't even close, but it at least points to the Browns being interested in acquiring Beckham.

I wouldn’t have laughed at it. It’s probably more the ownership. Getts has should pragmatism over emotion plenty of times.

Actually the Giants should have said sure and took a 2nd round pick while they were at it. The Giants will never win a Super Bowl with Odell Beckham just like the Steelers were never going back with Bell and Antonio.

Archived