• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jonathan Stewart officially retires as a Carolina Panther

therealmjl

Love me some Stew. He slowed down towards the end but was one of our best players for nearly 10 years here. Would’ve been even better if he didn’t have those mid career injuries and split carries for much of his career. Good luck to him post football and glad he got out seemingly without any long term injuries or serious head trauma.

7 hours ago, outlaw4 said:

Absolutely nasty stiff arm. A shame he had chronic ankle problems. He played through it, however, and rarely did I question his effort.

One of his many great moments...

doSBm75.gif.9cc5a3b806798b2eb99fc370bd47970e.gif

I was at that game, that play sprung us in the first half beautifully. Stew is the man and as much as people say guys like Pep and TD deserved a ring, Stew did as well. I think we may win SB 50 if he doesn’t get hurt early that game.

7 hours ago, Bronn said:

Every time he touched the ball, I remember being all like "GTFO me!" because that is exactly how he ran every time. He always Kept Pounding.

Stew earned the hardest yards in the NFL for many years.

8 hours ago, t96 said:

I was at that game, that play sprung us in the first half beautifully. Stew is the man and as much as people say guys like Pep and TD deserved a ring, Stew did as well. I think we may win SB 50 if he doesn’t get hurt early that game.

We were just getting to our seats up top, I was grabbing my seat bottom to settle down and the stadium erupts, I look up and Stew is 20 yards behind everybody.  That was a fun day.

9 hours ago, t96 said:

The thing about this run, there was really no hole--it was defended well. Tolbert gets a late block that sends Stew into a cutback--the vision and reaction to cut it back was impressive. Many backs would have taken the 3-4 yards and we would never have known "what might have been."  I am fairly certain that when they talk about RB vision, this is the clip that needs to be shown.  Thanks for sharing.

Archived