• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Obi Melifonwu

shaq

Would you be willing to send a 7th rounder to the pats for Obi? I remember everyone wanting him in the draft a couple years back, he’s an athletic freak and could definitely be depth at safety. With the chance at developing into a FS. New England seems willing to trade him, I think it’s worth a shot low risk high reward. We are really the only team that could offer him a chance to truly develop, and we could reap the rewards. I know people are scared to trade with the pats, but this is a situation which limits what we lose.

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

You think a guy with 3 career tackles and 2 games played is the answer at FS??? Look, I don't think the answer is on the roster at FS either but....seriously?

Never called him the answer, but I do believe he is a better option then anyone on our roster currently. I’d rather have someone with upside then players who have no shot at being anything, even if the panthers traded for him there’s still a need at FS. Which would be filled hopefully soon, but Obi is solid depth and like I said he could maybe develop.

2 minutes ago, Panthers8969 said:

While I would do this trade, Obi is a clear SS not FS and hasn’t worked out at all up till now. Probably wouldn’t work out and def not the answer at FS

He probably is a SS currently, but he is a converted CB. And did play a decent amount of FS in college, and he definetly has the range to play it. Only issue is clearly mental processing and recognizing coverages. Obi would be fun to develop at FS at the very least.

Archived