• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Minter & Hall of Honor

Mike Minter & the Hall of Honor  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Should Mike Minter be Inducted

• Yes
    • No

7 minutes ago, Still Brooklyn said:

If we just add names willy nilly, we'll need an entire stadium just for names. I don't even think Gross deserves it.

I was hoping to keep this conversation to just Minter, but I am curious. If you could start the HOH over from scratch with retired players only, who would you include ?

4 minutes ago, NJPanthers12 said:

I was hoping to keep this conversation to just Minter, but I am curious. If you could start the HOH over from scratch with retired players only, who would you include ?

First I'd remove the PSL fans, and McCormick or whatever his name is. Should be players only.

But ... Mills, Smith, and Kasay. Eventually Peppers. Luke and Cam down the road.

Minter, Walls, Kevin Greene, Gross, Thomas Davis, Jake, etc. all have great stories, but they just aren't top tier. Hell, I'd even consider saying no to Kasay as it defeats my criteria. Hoover deserves it but he's a FB and no one cares about FBs.

7 minutes ago, NJPanthers12 said:

The only players that aren’t still playing I would’ve included are Smitty and Pep. Walls and Gross are fine and great players but HoH should be a little more exclusive, otherwise it will just mean nothing at some point. TD once he’s done is a 100% no brainer and Cam and Luke are very likely, but otherwise there are no others currently that I’d consider.

18 minutes ago, Still Brooklyn said:

First I'd remove the PSL fans, and McCormick or whatever his name is. Should be players only.

But ... Mills, Smith, and Kasay. Eventually Peppers. Luke and Cam down the road.

Minter, Walls, Kevin Greene, Gross, Thomas Davis, Jake, etc. all have great stories, but they just aren't top tier. Hell, I'd even consider saying no to Kasay as it defeats my criteria. Hoover deserves it but he's a FB and no one cares about FBs.

I’m very surprised by the high standards. IF we were talking about retired numbers, I would agreee just 89 and 90. But the hall of honor should honor the best Panthers of all time. I think that includes Kalil, Muhammad, Rucker, Minter, etc.

1 hour ago, t96 said:

The only players that aren’t still playing I would’ve included are Smitty and Pep. Walls and Gross are fine and great players but HoH should be a little more exclusive, otherwise it will just mean nothing at some point. TD once he’s done is a 100% no brainer and Cam and Luke are very likely, but otherwise there are no others currently that I’d consider.

How do you argue against Walls and his significance to the first chapter of the teams history ? Were you following the team then?

It seems like some are confusing the Panthers' HOH with the NFL HOF. Just Peppers and Smitty? Really???

Minter is a no for me and I love the guy. He's definitely the best safety in the organization's history, but then again that's kind of like being the tallest midget. I just don't see how a guy with zero Pro Bowls and zero All-Pros is in the HOH. Like I said, I love the guy and I won't complain a bit if he eventually gets in but I'd say no.

Archived