• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Someone please calm my expectations

KillaCamNewton

2 hours ago, Cracka McNasty said:

You can have the best team in the league and still lose the big game. See 2015, the year that broke me. 

After that, I can't really get too excited anymore. Now I just take it for what it is and don't get my hopes up. 

Don't have much resiliency. I spent tons to go to San Francisco and see the game live only to suffer all those Bronco fans and the loss. It didn't break me it only made me hungrier to get back and hopefully win it all. I am all in this year just like every year.

17 minutes ago, dpm0409 said:

Just verifying here:  You're almost 80 years old? 

Next March, sir.  I've seen 'em all, back to Jim Brown's first season, in the 50's.  Season ticket holder in the Dolphins' inaugural season, in 1966.  Still get excited about the game!

13 minutes ago, bigdavis said:

Next March, sir.  I've seen 'em all, back to Jim Brown's first season, in the 50's.  Season ticket holder in the Dolphins' inaugural season, in 1966.  Still get excited about the game!

Very nice b/c anyone that I know that's in their 70's or 80's would not have a clue how to navigate a forum!

source.gif.3cda3599856889307835bf6cab7f45aa.gif

I'd love to calm your expectations. The Panthers might be cursed because they have a black cat as a mascot. Nothing says cursed more than having an almost perfect season trounced by a hated division rival in the 2nd to last week, and losing a painstaking Superbowl to gimpy armed Peyton Manning.

Also, Ron Rivera is still the head coach. There will still be massive holes in his super soft zone coverages that will be exploited by teams all season long, regardless if the pass rush improves. It was still a massive weakness of the team even in the 2013 season - a tea that featured a potent pass rush and had 60 sacks on the season.

This team could threaten in the NFC if all the pieces come together. Or, could hilariously fail.

13 minutes ago, pennywise said:

Do you know Hurney personally? 

Berry hasn't played much in the last 2 seasons. He is a shell of his former self. You are hanging onto a name that isnt who he used to be. 2 years and 3 games? Nobody wants that and it's why he is a FA. This has been stated multiple times on the huddle.

Everyone knows that how well we do depends on Cam. Probably won’t see much of him until week 1. And of course if he is to stay healthy that o-line has to keep him clean. Staying out of 3rd and long would be a big help.

With the addition of GMC our front should be devastating. Ron calling the plays and being more aggressive in the secondary will help a lot.

Overall this team has upgraded everywhere except safety(Gaulden?). Even the staff has improved, looking for big things this season.

42 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I'd love to calm your expectations. The Panthers might be cursed because they have a black cat as a mascot. Nothing says cursed more than having an almost perfect season trounced by a hated division rival in the 2nd to last week, and losing a painstaking Superbowl to gimpy armed Peyton Manning.

Also, Ron Rivera is still the head coach. There will still be massive holes in his super soft zone coverages that will be exploited by teams all season long, regardless if the pass rush improves. It was still a massive weakness of the team even in the 2013 season - a tea that featured a potent pass rush and had 60 sacks on the season.

This team could threaten in the NFC if all the pieces come together. Or, could hilariously fail.

didnt really lose to Petyon, we lost to Demarcus Ware and Von Miller. 

Archived