• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Cam Newton is Overrated" - Stephen A Smith

Ricky Spanish

I didn’t click on the video because I am honestly tired of people dogging him. He is a good kid but an easy target. People have to get ratings somehow I guess and he is a big name. I lost respect from Stephen A a long time ago. I don’t even watch that show because it’s agenda driven and he is a puppet. He doesn’t run that show, espn/Disney does . I rather watch undisputed 

19 hours ago, falconidae said:

Matthew Berry, the fantasy guy at ESPN, told a story in one of his columns about one of the first times he did a show for ESPN, I think. He and a former player are rating players. 

The former player praised the first player they were going to discuss, Berry then agreed with him, saying the player was going to do great. The producer stopped the tape, and  did a retake. This time, the former player trashed the player, while Berry kept his same take.

It’s just like reality TV. It’s all scripted by producers 

Stephen A. Smith is an opinionated TV personality who likes to take controversial positions to gain recognition. His argument was the same tired one we have heard before about Cam. Yeah, he is a great athlete but he isn't a good pure passer.  Then he got schooled on the topic of who was better Andrew Luck versus Cam Newton. And if the numbers, longevity and total yards all favor Cam and we all would say that Luck was a good if not great quarterback when healthy, then how can Cam be considered overrated and not as good as Luck. That would make Cam underrated not overrated. I totally agree with that.

Archived