• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I've seen enough of Grier

chknwing

It's kinda hard to play QB good when you've got DL practically kissing you within 5 seconds at least half the time.

That said, he's every bit as raw as I'd expect. I also don't really care for the attitude he's shown, nor the lack of effort I see in him.

10 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

This game showed me he has the arm of an NFL quarterback, but he’s not yet there mentally. He needs to improve in reading the field and decision-making. Those are coachable and come with experience...he just needs a year or two of development.

Rivera said a week or so ago it's tough to compare Grier to other rookie QBs because you need about 5,000 reps to really get an offense, and Grier has about half that because he's been splitting reps. I saw at least one former QB say this was a spot on statement.

I've been critical of Grier this preseason. 

I actually thought I saw some improvement week over week last night. He was looking to make plays downfield, he saw the field better in general. 

He still didn't look great by any stretch of the imagination but it was encouraging to see some improvement. 

I get people being upset over the interception but it looked like the WR clearly ran the wrong route. You turn that into an incompletion instead of INT and his passer rating is likely the best we had of any QB all preseason. I don't understand why more people aren't upset with Allen doing absolutely squat diddly with our 1s. At this point  I would move him down the list, keep Grier 3 and move Taylor to the #2 spot. 

Just now, Varking said:

I get people being upset over the interception but it looked like the WR clearly ran the wrong route. You turn that into an incompletion instead of INT and his passer rating is likely the best we had of any QB all preseason. I don't understand why more people aren't upset with Allen doing absolutely squat diddly with our 1s. At this point  I would move him down the list, keep Grier 3 and move Taylor to the #2 spot. 

I thought the same thing on that route. Looked like Grier thought he was suppose to come back to the ball. Hitch route. And I’m not trying to defend will. He made some pretty good throws yesterday but has looked like garbage overall. He needs time. And that’s ok.

24 minutes ago, Varking said:

I get people being upset over the interception but it looked like the WR clearly ran the wrong route.

I'm less concerned about the INT itself than I am about the dying duck that preceded it.

(You'll have to actually go to YouTube to see the clip, but I got it cued up to the 3:37 time stamp.)

But what was that throw? I had to go back three times to see if somehow it was tipped at the line. But no, that just looks like a wobbly, errant pass to me. This is a guy who was supposed to have the strongest arm in the draft (if you ask some of the Huddle GMs) but that looked like a frickin' Kyle-Orton-ass pass. That thing hit the DB's chest sideways!

I'm not ready to give up on Grier yet. I was pulling for him pretty hard. But at this point, after what I've seen out of him this preseason, I'll be bummed if we have to cut Heineke to make room for him.

44 minutes ago, Captroop said:

I'm less concerned about the INT itself than I am about the dying duck that preceded it.

(You'll have to actually go to YouTube to see the clip, but I got it cued up to the 3:37 time stamp.)

But what was that throw? I had to go back three times to see if somehow it was tipped at the line. But no, that just looks like a wobbly, errant pass to me. This is a guy who was supposed to have the strongest arm in the draft (if you ask some of the Huddle GMs) but that looked like a frickin' Kyle-Orton-ass pass. That thing hit the DB's chest sideways!

I'm not ready to give up on Grier yet. I was pulling for him pretty hard. But at this point, after what I've seen out of him this preseason, I'll be bummed if we have to cut Heineke to make room for him.

Lmaooooo....yeah it did look like a middle school throw 

1 hour ago, Captroop said:

Might have hesitated and pulled back last-second when he realized his receiver wasn’t coming back to the ball. Didn’t look that wobbly to me though...I think we’re just used to Cam’s bullets lol.

Archived