• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What to do in Charlotte (for us out of towners)

Hotsauce

Need some advice. 

Banging the wife to TNF this week (coming in mid day Thursday)

bringing my 5 year old son (his first BOA Panthers game) in November 2 (coming in Saturday)

im staying uptown for both trips. 

Was thinking maybe Carowinds for my son (is it too cold early November?)

Im a @RoaringRiot member, so I know that I’ll bring my wife to TNF tailgate. 

Thanks in advance 

I hope your 5 year old son likes breweries...

Carowinds shouldn't be too cold in early November, but it's only open on the weekends, fyi. 

Downtown, there's Discovery Place, which should hold a 5 year old's attention well enough for a few hours. There's also the Nature Museum down at Freedom Park. Loved that place as a kid. It's about a mile outside of center city, so a quick Uber trip. 

Charlotte is mainly known for it's breweries, massive apartment complexes and for tearing down historic buildings. You can see all three all along the Light Rail system, either in Southend or NoDa. NoDa has more entertainment options, but Southend has axe throwing, so...

If you're going to be in town this weekend, I'd do something like dinner at the Crunkleton, over in the Elizabeth neighborhood. Another quick Uber out of downtown. Get the 36 oz tomahawk ribeye to share. They have great cocktails too. They just started serving weekend brunch, which I would assume is amazing based on everything else I've eaten there. 

Archived