• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Ron was fired during the season, who would be the interim head coach?

Hotsauce

4 minutes ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

Perhaps I should overly spell out every single statement because everyone on this board is a sarcastic little sh*t.

Cam Newton's poor performance was the greatest hindrance to the team, and the majority of the reason we lost.  It was not, however, the only reason.  Thank you, your honor.

Let's back the suck train up a moment.

Cam was 25 of 38 for 239 yards.  Yes, the INT was a bad look.  But setting aside the INT for just a moment, consider that projection.  Over 16 games, Newton is 400 of 608 for 3800 yards running at a 65.8% completion rate.  Assuming that Cam normalizes, that sort of game will put him on course for a career year.  A couple "great" games, and he's over 4000 yards passing.  Honestly, INT's / TD's will work themselves out over the course of a year.  Given that, isn't this the Cam we've wanted to see since his rookie year?  I really think it is.

Cam wasn't even close to a majority reason we lost.  We caught some really, really bad breaks in that game.  Fumbles that didn't bounce right, officials calls that really screwed us.  There were a couple coaching mistakes that hurt us badly.  Honestly, the Rams have got to feel lucky they got out with a win.  We were not even close to blown out, we were extremely competitive and could / should have won the game.

The first owner to utilize an in-house mental health professional for his players, who is also a billionaire investor, is not going to do something as rash and stupid as to fire the head coach mid-season. Tepper firing Ron during the season as a showcase of his big brass balls is fan fiction. I get it, I'm frustrated with Ron too, but name a team that's had their coach fired mid-season that went on to great things that season or the following one. That's a desperation move by owners who don't know what else to do. I believe Tepper will play the long game. The players love Ron, and they play hard for him. Tepper may indeed want to move on from him, but there are better ways that will do less damage to the psyche of the team and players than firing him mid-season.

I'm not going to root for Ron to lose his job in season.  He deserves better.  If he misses the playoffs, I expect him to fired post haste though.

That said, if that did come to fruition, my pick would be Scott Turner.  Why not?  You aren't making the playoffs.  Cam is likely too hurt to continue to play, and you may get a good look at an up and coming play caller/young offensive mind....something we have actually never seen as the HC of the Panthers.

Give it a whirl, why not, by then the Panthers will be BEGGING for something for the fans to get excited about.

4 hours ago, Snake said:

Rivera has always made it were their is no coach who could take his job. If we were to fire him we would have no DC to speak of. So he want go till after the year. 

Always? McDermott and Wilks would have been prime candidates to be interim HC's when they were here.

6 hours ago, PanthersBigD said:

The first owner to utilize an in-house mental health professional for his players, who is also a billionaire investor, is not going to do something as rash and stupid as to fire the head coach mid-season. Tepper firing Ron during the season as a showcase of his big brass balls is fan fiction. I get it, I'm frustrated with Ron too, but name a team that's had their coach fired mid-season that went on to great things that season or the following one. That's a desperation move by owners who don't know what else to do. I believe Tepper will play the long game. The players love Ron, and they play hard for him. Tepper may indeed want to move on from him, but there are better ways that will do less damage to the psyche of the team and players than firing him mid-season.

Ever heard of a receivers coach named Dabo?

Archived