• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fox pregame: jumping to conclusions (Cam)

ncfan

They seemed convinced Cam Will Not be a Panther in 2020

Said.  

"He doesnt look happy anymore"

The reoccurring injury that seem to not heal

Said the Panthers will save 20 mil next year without him

Not just a local guys, even the national guys seem to think Cam is about dome

2 minutes ago, TN05 said:

Can has one bad game (where he still throws for 300 yards and nearly has a game winning drive) and people act like he’s had the Peyton Manning 35 yard, 5 int game.

It’s because some of them hate him. They were so wrong about him predraft that any chance to jump on him they do it immediately. 

8 minutes ago, TN05 said:

Can has one bad game (where he still throws for 300 yards and nearly has a game winning drive) and people act like he’s had the Peyton Manning 35 yard, 5 int game.

He still has yet to show that he has touch beyond 15 yards (you know kind of like last year)

Yes he did look alright throwing 5 yard passes to CMC or 10 yard in routes to Samuel.

But you cant do that forever.  In the NFL if you cant put a ball beyind 25 yards on point, teams catch on. And bring everything in shutting down those close hits.  Exactly like the Bucs started to do.  

He hasnt put a good game yet.

@Jeremy Igo showed WEEK 1 where Cam had guys open downfield but he wouldnt even attempt 

Teams litterally can leave only 1 safety back and put every single person in the box because Cam has shown he Can NOT hit guys DOWNfield even open in single coverage.  Teams put everyone in the box to shut doen those short routes, the Only routes he has proven he can hit.  And its game over.

Just now, TN05 said:

It is far too soon to make the determination about his future here on anything other than pure money/cap considerations.

I am very hesitant to draw any conclusions on the on-field product based on the month of September.  The way most NFL teams prepare, it is just phase 2 of the preseason, with wins and losses counting.  Rivera might be right, his inaccuracy could be rust.  We'll see over the course of the next few weeks.

He doesn't look like he is enjoying himself out there, but running a stagnant game plan and struggling against what was on paper the weakest team in the division, at home, is not going to give anyone great pleasure.  The one thing that I do find disturbing in the first five days of the season is the preparation and coaching do not look like they have changed one bit.  They are doing more of the same and expecting different results.

That’s their opinion. Everyone has one but we don’t know what’s going to happen until it does. This is only week 2. Let’s see how the year pans out. Cam has a lot of rust so give him time to catch up to game speed and then we can see what happens. Until then, I’m staying positive and enjoying watching my guys play. 

It's tough to take, but I honestly believe if Cam doesn't turn it around, specifically with arm strength questions, I think he will retire just because it will be impossible to play up to his standards. It's sucks and it's a sucky take, but I don't think it's unrealistic.

Look how serious Tom Brady is about the game. It doesn't look fun to him. He looks like a stone cold killer in the 4th quarter. He only looks happy holding up the trophies.

IMHO Cam has lacked that consistent killer mentality. Brady has it. Rodgers has it. Jordan had it. Kobe had it.

He has to look himself in the mirror and tell himself this isn't fun. This isn't a game. You sir are a professional and this is WAR.

We really do need to see what happens in the weeks ahead.

If he rebounds and gets back to his normal self, then we can talk about moving forward.

But if he continues to look like he does now or if it's inconsistent / up and down, then yeah you really do have to question his future here.

4 minutes ago, TheRed said:

If you've stopped believing in the QB then just stop watching. Follow another team. It's that simple.

I Hope he comes back

But right now he has shown nothing to believe.  Heck national writers and some local writers are in the same boat

Im guessing you just kept on keeping on believing in Jimmy Clausen until Cam took over?

Archived