• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We need to extend Allen.

Snake

3 hours ago, BrianS said:

You don't extend a guy based on one (or two) games.  Allen will (apparently) have plenty of time to show us who he is with Cam out.  If we hit the bye at 3-3 or 4-2, I can understand how it might be in our best interest to extend him.  However, by the same token, if we are at that point, why would *he* want to do that?  Why wouldn't he instead opt to wait it out and get paid?

Now, if Kyle Allen has us at 4-2, I fully expect him to remain the starter for a while.  As such, if he then navigates us to 11-5 there should be serious conversations at the highest levels about whether or not we continue with Cam.  Not because I want to see us dump Cam, but you don't pay Cam 30-40 million per season when you've got a guy 7 years younger who can get you to the playoffs.

Bear in mind, we have three ROCK STARS on offense right now who will want to be paid over the next five years:  CMC, DJ & Curtis.  Assuming they continue to develop, there's 30 million per season right there if you want to keep all three, maybe more.

some sense here.... different strategies involved with running a team.

14 minutes ago, stbugs said:

The RFA probably doesn’t happen. I posted about his contract details yesterday but I did miss the fact that 2018 wasn’t considered a year so we get him dirt cheap his first 4 years (2018 included). The RFA tag isn’t bad but there’s no way someone won’t throw a fat contract on him for a 1st. RFA isn’t like non exclusive franchise tags where you can get two 1sts. If a team can get a “real” QB for a 1st, they will offer a deal. It’s not like Norwell, who while a great player at the time, isn’t going to garner a 1st as a guard.

It’s awesome that we get another EFRA year for 2018 and we’re lucky no one took a chance on signing him off the PS while we had Heinicke. SMH, how lucky were we on that? All that said if he becomes the Cam replacement then we will have to write a big check year 5, when he’s a RFA in 2022 otherwise we would absolutely risk losing him to a QB needy team. I don’t think there’s ever been a starting QB as a RFA.

Verrry lucky. He was wavied, signed to the PS(any team can sign him) and waived off the PS(bad sign).  Then he stayed a FA for weeks(I think it was 3 weeks), re-signed to the PS and late season signed to 53. I believe starting falcon FS Ricardo allen had a similar deal. Practice squad sometime have legit good players on them, Norwell spent time on PS and hes the highest paid OG in the league. Addinson was signed off the redskins squad and hes been fing great since. 

I know very little about ERFA stuff, but I think the price is fixed and only the team can pay it. Byrd was a ERFA and the panthers didnt want to invest 1.333 million, so they "released" him. Sometime players are resigned at lower deals, but most move on. RFA is where you have to place an round on the player. Either 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or original round tender. This is a guess- there maybe an 1st and 3rd tender available. Plus I dont know if you can tag a ERFA/RFA.... Plus I dont know out of the 3 years how many are ERFA ones and RFA ones. 

Could you image this- Panthers place a RFA 1st tender on allen and .........the pats sign him to replace Brady! Late first for a QB picked by Bill, Id need to start poppin pills to get over that. 

1 minute ago, SBiii said:

Does anyone still think Keeperknack is a better option?

E. Reid #35 has some egg on his face after Kyle's performance last week.

Good onya Kyle.  #KeepPounding

At the beginning of Off-season, if one of main focuses would be RPO, Id welcome Kap. 

I was pissed about Reids comments about Kap on this team, there was a long thread about them. I said " Great job having your teamates back". That was awful and a super douche move.

Still if Kap is about competing and not wanting to be handed a starting job like before, lets see what you got. Its got to be in the off-season too. 

Archived