• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"London Panthers has a nice ring to it!"

Carl Spackler

Panthers social media team is still sucking up H A R D to London. Retweeting stuff like this: 

The very instant that Tepper asks for anything from Charlotte, Meck Co. or state government and he doesn't get it, "London" will be in the next sentence he utters. Make no mistake about it. If he doesn't get his way with a stadium and has the tourism tax foot the bill, the London Panthers will be a reality.

Tepper has done absolutely nothing to dissuade me from believing he has a George Shinn-like attraction to moving his team wherever he gets fellated the most.

Don't think for a second that these tweets aren't strategic. They have to be approved by a higher paygrade who is following a directive from someone high up on the food chain. SMH.

Yeah, I don't buy that there's any actual hint of the Panthers moving.

The one thing I do think was fun about yesterday is that the Panthers made a great impression on the London audience. I could conceivably see them becoming England's new favorite team.

And even though I'm not a big fan of the whole playing games in London thing, that's kinda cool.

The NFL thinks it wants a team in london but right now the NFL is a novelty, they have no ties to any team. They just wear whatever jersey they have in the closet. Once the honeymoon wears off they are going to stop showing up and that doesnt even talk about the logistics of traveling from London to the West Coast.  

16 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Tepper has done absolutely nothing to dissuade me from believing he has a George Shinn-like attraction to moving his team wherever he gets fellated the most.

Don't think for a second that these tweets aren't strategic. They have to be approved by a higher paygrade who is following a directive from someone high up on the food chain. SMH.

So the millions spent on the new facility just across the line makes you think he'd likely up and move across the pond? Yeah I think some NFL team *might* wind up moving to London, but it won't be the Panthers. That facility says Tepper plans to be here for a while, otherwise he wouldn't waste the money.

“Make no mistake about it”...

Tepper can’t do anything without league approval.

There are other teams making way less money in other markets that the league would rather move

The Brits are even less inclined to pay for the toys of Billionaires. 

Not gonna happen.

7 minutes ago, countryboi said:

The NFL thinks it wants a team in london but right now the NFL is a novelty, they have no ties to any team. They just wear whatever jersey they have in the closet. Once the honeymoon wears off they are going to stop showing up and that doesnt even talk about the logistics of traveling from London to the West Coast.  

Yeah basically until I get that whole teleportation thing I've been working on in the garage up and running, the logistics of London to west coast just seem prohibitive. Initial tests didn't go so well, maybe I should bring somebody in with a science or engineering background.

Archived