• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Meanwhile, Matt Ryan...

Saca312

2 hours ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Goes to show that QB play can be overrated. A good defense and running game can win you a lot of games no matter who your QB is. Likewise a terrible defense and running game can lose you a lot of games even with a great QB

I mean it’s super true, the Broncos won a Super Bowl with a noodle dick shooting farts out of a squirt gun

4 minutes ago, stirs said:

yes, most teams would love their QB to play at about a 42 QBR

who needs all those TDs and completing 85% of your passes

Those lying stats.

Bias much?

Let’s put stats aside completely for a moment. All I really need to know to tell you I don’t want him as my team’s qb is the fact he didn’t squash the dumbest nickname in the history of team sports out of the gate.

If you’re Matt Ryan, the first time someone, anyone refers to you as Matty Ice, you go up to that person, smile, put your arm around their shoulder and explain clearly and carefully that the next time they use that nickname, you will disembowell them with a tuning fork at midfield as the halftime entertainment of your next game, and the same thing goes for anyone else uttering or writing it, spread the word.

Ryan’s failure to take such obvious preventive measures to avoid being stuck with the worst nickname in sports tells me all I need to know about his horrible lack of judgement. I don’t want anyone that stupid or spineless throwing the football for my team tyvm.

14 hours ago, RelaxImaPro said:

Matt Ryan puts up the most deceiving stats of any QB I've ever seen by far.

You look at the stats at the end of the game and it blows you away.  You actually watch him play and it's like you never see him do anything meaningful the entire game.

Dude is the GOAT of useless stats.

Yeah. Falcons fans have not been happy with his play this year, although of course they’re more upset with the defense. If they were a competitive team, his stats would be pedestrian. This is the old Jacksonville QB effect. Go down big early, defense backs off a bit and the QB puts up big stats. Blake Bortles special.

48 minutes ago, t96 said:

Yeah. Falcons fans have not been happy with his play this year, although of course they’re more upset with the defense. If they were a competitive team, his stats would be pedestrian. This is the old Jacksonville QB effect. Go down big early, defense backs off a bit and the QB puts up big stats. Blake Bortles special.

Not even just this year though, he's always been that guy.  Even the years they were good it seemed like you could replace him with any run of the mill QB that wouldn't throw the game away and they wouldn't have skipped a beat.

He'd rather take a sack or throw the ball 5 yards short of a 3rd down rather than doing anything that effects his precious completion %.  And when they're desperate for a play he'll throw some complete bullshit to Julio where he has to make a tough catch because chances are he'll make it.

Hell, I've honestly always been more scared of Matt Bryant than Matt Ryan.  Always seemed he was the one scoring all their points.  All Ryan had to do was cross the 50 and they were in Bryant's range

Archived