• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Be Aware: Reid could cost us this game

ncsfinest21

3 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

I think that would be doubly unfortunate because it would become fodder for those whose dislike of Reid stems not from football but from politics.

There are 53 players on the Panthers active roster, 10 on the practice squad, I don't know how many on injured reserve, plus coaches, staff, etc.

I have an inkling about the political views of (maybe) three of them. And even when it comes to those guys, I just don't care.

It's a sport. I watch it for fun, not validation.

8 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

"don't create fake news and speculate." 

The fug you think speculation means you dumb fug? Look it up. I never said I had an insider source. It's a fuging opinion you dimwitted ass wipe. Learn to tell the difference between people talking shop and actual breaking of news. God damn you must give your kids the third degree about sesame street. "THE fug YOU MEAN BIG BIRD IS CROSSING THE STREET?!"

Dude I’ve always liked you I don’t know why you have to attack me like this. I would love to have Allen On this team but I just don’t see it. 

27 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Already addressed it. Not trying to turn this into a tinderbox thread and I’ve realized it’s not worth going back and forth. People don’t like to discuss, everything twisted into an pointless argument so my bad.

As for the topic, if anything I don’t see any reason why Reid will cost the game for us. He’s not a dirty player. If anything I think he’ll help us win this one and I’m glad he’s playing with a chip on his shoulder.

This is a solid post and a mature opinion. Why did that other poster call you out? 

5 hours ago, ellis said:

Mind-numbingly stupid football organization. Just from a football standpoint, that was a stupid idea. 

Yeah except it didn't go down how he is claiming.   In 2017 the 49ers had a bunch of injuries at LB so they asked Reid to play weakside LB for a single game.   The Will in the 49ers defense plays a lot like a traditional strong safety anyways.  He then went back to his normal strong safety spot after that game.  That had nothing to do with Bowman who was always a middle linebacker. 

After that season the 49ers offered Reid a one year deal to stick around but he turned them down so they moved on.

As far as Bowman goes, he was cut at his request.    The 49ers wanted to reduce his snaps to make him a two down player.   Bowman had gone through that horrific knee injury in the playoffs and then suffered a torn Achilles a year later.  The injuries robbed him of his previous speed and quickness.  He insisted he could still play three downs and asked to be traded.   The 49ers reached a deal with the Saints to trade Bowman there.   Bowman pleaded with them to not trade him to New Orleans so he wouldn't have to leave his family.   The 49ers backed out of the deal and instead waived Bowman which allowed him to sign with the Raiders.   After the season, they did not bring him back, no other team signed him and he returned to retire as a 49er and even attended during training camp this preseason so I have no idea what the hell Reid is talking about.

While with the 49ers, both Kaepernick and Reid were supported 100% for their activism, from the ownership all the way down.   I have no idea why he feels bitter but if that is what he needs to motivate himself, have at it    

46 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

I suspect that over time our locker room has had a calming effect on him. He seems more disciplined and less volatile so far this year.

I was also excited when we signed him because it was a unique opportunity to acquire a Pro Bowl caliber player...

I suspect Tepper told him to cut out the whining and stop being a distraction, or else.

As for being a Pro Bowler...he made it one time, 6 years ago.  Reid is a 3rd tercile safety and with new talent coming into the league every year it's even odds he makes a 2021 roster and unlikely he's still in the league 3 years from now.

25 minutes ago, MarshallsGolden said:

Yeah except it didn't go down how he is claiming.   In 2017 the 49ers had a bunch of injuries at LB so they asked Reid to play weakside LB for a single game.   The Will in the 49ers defense plays a lot like a traditional strong safety anyways.  He then went back to his normal strong safety spot after that game.  That had nothing to do with Bowman who was always a middle linebacker. 

After that season the 49ers offered Reid a one year deal to stick around but he turned them down so they moved on.

As far as Bowman goes, he was cut at his request.    The 49ers wanted to reduce his snaps to make him a two down player.   Bowman had gone through that horrific knee injury in the playoffs and then suffered a torn Achilles a year later.  The injuries robbed him of his previous speed and quickness.  He insisted he could still play three downs and asked to be traded.   The 49ers reached a deal with the Saints to trade Bowman there.   Bowman pleaded with them to not trade him to New Orleans so he wouldn't have to leave his family.   The 49ers backed out of the deal and instead waived Bowman which allowed him to sign with the Raiders.   After the season, they did not bring him back, no other team signed him and he returned to retire as a 49er and even attended during training camp this preseason so I have no idea what the hell Reid is talking about.

While with the 49ers, both Kaepernick and Reid were supported 100% for their activism, from the ownership all the way down.   I have no idea why he feels bitter but if that is what he needs to motivate himself, have at it    

Think Reid was simply implying they essentially tried to sabotage him in his contract year.   And we don’t know what really went on behind the scenes.

And come on, he was a young legit S and y’all offered him a one year deal????? That is essentially telling Reid to leave.   One year deals are offered to old vets with maybe some gas in the tank and warm bodies to get through a season. 

SF didn’t want no part of Reid.  One year offer made that clear. 

If we offered one of our young guys like Shaq or Bradberry a one year deal they would leave and go play elsewhere because we would be giving them the finger and telling them to go.  I mean coming off your rookie deal is essentially the deal players play for. 

16 minutes ago, SBiii said:

I suspect Tepper told him to cut out the whining and stop being a distraction, or else.

As for being a Pro Bowler...he made it one time, 6 years ago.  Reid is a 3rd tercile safety and with new talent coming into the league every year it's even odds he makes a 2021 roster and unlikely he's still in the league 3 years from now.

When y’all had him he was coming off a rookie deal and you offered him a one year deal.  He was a strong starting S.  That was SF telling him bye bye we are done and most know why.  SF was ground zero for it all and didn’t want that anymore. 

3 years from now he would be in his 10th season. So yeah, he might not be with a team after a 10 year career.  That has nothing do with offering him a 1 year deal off his rookie deal. 

48 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

This is a solid post and a mature opinion. Why did that other poster call you out? 

Just to respond...

To be frank because I asked for it. There are examples where racism is the motivator and I’m not arguing it’s not.

I work in law enforcement and my partner is black. And female, and homosexual. So there have been many times in my line of work I have had to set people straight that we are partners trying to better the community the best we can and she is no lesser than me.

I support the cause and I posted a single link to other officers that feel the same. I hate getting lumped into generalizations as ‘cops’ and it triggers me sometimes is all. It doesn’t help the situation and furthers the gap.

While racism is a problem, these shootings are not as simple like that. Poor training (and funding), hiring process, generalizations, stero types, socio economic gaps all play a bigger role in my first hand experience. 

And I feel those things should be addressed head on. As I said racism is a motive for some, but many officers getting caught up in these situation have no history of these behaviors and helping them improve isn’t as simple as labeling them racist. It’s the problems I listed above.

Just asking some to remember many law enforcement officer support the cause just as well and we’re not all the enemy. We swear to give our lives to the public all races included and a lot of us take that to heart.

Archived