• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some love for......Chris Manhertz?

Bartin

LOL! What a completely forced poo take. Manhertz had two very nice blocks in that clip. On the rest of those plays, he was either coming in late to help out of a block that was already locked up or he was just there on the field and Baldy still somehow found a way to label him as THE guy who made the play successful.

25 minutes ago, Happy Panther said:

Here is Macs response.

I was going to start a thread because I though people were down on Manhertz.

What's the story here?

Was pretty surprised myself to see baldy breakdown on Manhertz with glowing praise which is why I titled it the way I did.

Im guessing that most are down on him because hardly anyone myself included really pays attention to what he does. He’s a TE who doesn’t catch passes so the only time you ever really hear his name is when he does something bad like get a penalty or miss a block.

So for us as fans 95% of the time we hear his name it’s for something bad when most of the time he is actually doing something good but we never hear about it. Naturally that would cause most to have a negative opinion of him.

I’m not going to pretend like I’ve been breaking down tape to say one way or the other but if someone like Baldy Who I respect is saying really good things about him then maybe he deserves more credit than he is getting.

50 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

The giant gorge between Manhertz's blocking and Ian Thomas' blocking ability is a myth.  I payed particular attention to Thomas while Manhertz was out with concussion and he did more than admirably especially during the Jaguars game!

Yet Ian is playing the backseat. Despite being drafted to be Olsen's successor.  

Your viwe point doesn't have foundation to stand on. 

Ian Thomas will get his time, but let's not dog another player whom is out there busting his ass to have earned the bbn playtime he gets.  

On 10/25/2019 at 1:15 PM, pantherclaw said:

Yet Ian is playing the backseat. Despite being drafted to be Olsen's successor.  

Your viwe point doesn't have foundation to stand on. 

Ian Thomas will get his time, but let's not dog another player whom is out there busting his ass to have earned the bbn playtime he gets.  

How am I dogging Manhertz?  Manhertz missed time and Ian Thomas played really well.  I spoke on that.  They always say that Manhertz gets the snaps because he is such an excellent blocker, but the gap between him and Thomas hasn't looked to be that big when Thomas gets to play.  Look at how many times people have sit behind other players throughout NFL history when they could be playing.  I was just pointing out that the kid can play.  I never said that Manhertz is a JAG, or that he has never been a reliable receiving threat.  Now that would be dogging.  

Archived