• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why is most of the focus on Allens QB performance today?

stankowalski

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I don't know if it would have mattered.

They were just better than us today.

Not running CMC early was a poor call.  We couldn’t stay on the field early and went away from what got us on the win streak.

Norv’s playcalling helped the early avalanche...because it kept throwing a D right back on the field early that didn’t have a clue.   

Still gonna lose.  Could of been a better game because they couldn’t stop CMC and we barely used him early and didn’t keep those drives going. 

OC and DC get Fs.  Vintage early years of Ron after the bye.  But we got to remember even though we were on a 4 game bye win streak....a lot of those bye week wins were ugly against bad teams.   We still didn’t look good in several of those wins.  Still a problem.  Maybe they over analyze and put think themselves with too much time.   But it is still an issue 

2 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

The blame needs to be on Ron.  He had ample time to get this team prepared and as usual he failed.    We can talk about excuses for Allen or excuses for Cam but Ron is the one that continuously has excuses.     It is time to realize we aren’t going anywhere with this coach.   

Fair point.  I've not really been pro or anti Ron but damn, if he called that defense today...I'm going to start leaning.

3 minutes ago, stankowalski said:

They weren't just better.  They put the pimp suit on and slapped us like we forgot to give them their cut.

I've said for a while now that I wasn't sure our offensive line was as good as we were giving them credit for. Today didn't help that perception.

With that said, nobody was more disappointing than the defense. Lord have mercy, they were awful.

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

QBs get too much credit and too much blame. No QB wins this game for us. When D’s play well their QBs tend to win. Did Garapolo play an elite game? No.

Allen was getting credit more because we went from 0-9 to 5-0 when he started. Only idiots wanted to trade Cam or acted like Allen was Mahomes. The other idiots wanted Allen to fail to make sure poor Cam got his due.

Personally, I wanted Allen to win every game and if Cam played wanted him to win every game as well. I specifically stated that I’d love to have a huge QB controversy knowing that would mean we had a healthy Cam and a great young QB. Only a non-fan would want either to fail. 

You sir are a real fan.

I had to listen to roughly the first quarter on the radio and in a few instances it seemed like the broadcast crew was saying that Allen hung on to the ball for too long a couple times.

On a related note Mixon is just as awful as I remember him.  He'll be making some obscure reference or dumb joke while pads are popping, and then oh yeah that was CMC for 5 yards.

7 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

It was the Cam fan's opportunity to get their guy back in the lime light.  Odd thing, had Cam been healthy enough to take this beat down, the excuses would be a mile long...starting with he wasn't healthy enough.

So Kyle gets zero blame for this? Not how it works, qb’s get credit when they win and blamed when they lose. And there would be just as many people trashing Cam as there would be defending him

1 minute ago, Zaximus said:

The blame needs to be on Ron.  He had ample time to get this team prepared and as usual he failed.    We can talk about excuses for Allen or excuses for Cam but Ron is the one that continuously has excuses.     It is time to realize we aren’t going anywhere with this coach.   

totally agree..we've seen this before....totally inept after the buy when you should be sharpe...but our receivers our straight trash... again....seems like they cant get open ever...but not like the oline is going to give them time to...

Because half of this fanbase is just Cam Newton stans who would rather us lose than have another QB succeed.

no rational fan actually thought Allen was a better option than a healthy Cam, the issue was Cam wasnt healthy and was a liability to his team. This team is good enough to beat middle of the road teams with a game manager who could just hit open receivers and move the chains when needed, and Cam in his physical state wasnt capable of that and we needed someone in there who was. Any rational fan knows when Cam is healthy he can single handedly carry a team to a Super Bowl but also can acknowledge that he is hurting his team when hes out there and not physically right because he cant do the things a QB needs to do to win games.

this whole situation got blown out of proportion because this fan base is filled with a mix of klan hoodie fans who hate having an unapologetically black QB be the face of the franchise and another bucket of fans who are more so Cam fans than Panthers fans so what we got were people vastly exaggerating Kyle Allens performances so they can justify shipping Cam out of town and the other side rooting for us to fail so they could have some kind of vindication that its still Cam’s team (which anyone with a brain already knew)

then you had the rational fanbase that just wanted Allen to play well so our team could win games so that if Cam does actually come back healthy the team could get themselves into the playoffs. (Crazy concept i know)

today showed what we already knew - that having a game manager play mistake free football and our defense play well can beat most teams, and that were going to get ran off the field when our defense doesnt show up because Allen isnt enough to carry a team when things go wrong

1 minute ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

I had to listen to roughly the first quarter on the radio and in a few instances it seemed like the broadcast crew was saying that Allen hung on to the ball for too long a couple times.

On a related note Mixon is just as awful as I remember him.  He'll be making some obscure reference or dumb joke while pads are popping, and then oh yeah that was CMC for 5 yards.

Yeah he did hold onto it too long more than a few times...but honestly our receivers were draped the entire game. 

9 minutes ago, Call Me James said:

For The same reason he was getting all the credit when our defense was playing at an elite level. 

Y'all gotta stop blaming everyone else. 

This!

I posted this elsewhere 

From 2016-2018 when we had among the worst defenses in the league.

When we lost, we had plenty of these same fans say.  "The Defense was bad, but Cam didnt have his best game and Wins and Losses fall on the QB"

Now its

"Cant put any of today on Allen, the D was terrible........but have you seen him the last few weeks (when the defense has been among the leagues best including forcing 7 turnovers last week)" 

Yes the D especially Run D was hot garbage.   But Allen doesnt get a pass and he did haveva bad game today.  And showed that he is still while he has potential to be the future down the road.  He aint QB1 now.  When the D and CMC got shut down for the first time since he's played, he crumbled.

Archived